Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forget Player Ratings - The Managers rating was ZERO

On the back of 3 superb performances the manager does the following:-

Does not start the MOM in the last two games (Kaz and Ince) despite both being fit.

Our recently untested defender starts and plays all but 5 minutes of the game in midfield - and he plays it awfully

Our exciting winger, Buckley plays in the middle of the park.

Just after the fourth official signals one minute injury time, we win a free kick. Now 2-0 down there is no urgency despite the ref about to blow. We win a corner. With all bar PIG in the box, with less than 10 seconds to play, Bruno goes towards the flag expecting a short corner. This wastes time, but no more so than the now 30 seconds it's taken for us to retrieve the ball and place it by flag.. Mysteriously, we kick the ball towards the halfway line when a perplexed ref blows for half time - what a waste.

The manager does not recognize how wrong this is and we start the 2nd half with the same line up.

Optimism grows as we see Kaz warming up.

Bruno stays on the pitch

Kaz seems to be playing midfield

The clock's ticking, but there is no urgency. Anyone would think we have to avoid losing by more than 2 goals to win the league.

With a little over 10 minutes to go, we see Solly March come on. Hmmmm. No place for our recent MOM - but all is good, as we take off our only striker at this stage!!!!

Finally on 83 minutes an opening in the midfield is there for Forster Caskey as Bruno is subbed 70 minutes too late.

I left, chatting with my chums about how awful we were. We said, maybe it was a bad Oscar experiment that just didn't work out. We were looking forward to him holding up his hands, saying he got in wrong and in future he would play our best players in the positions they play in best.

Oh dear - Did he heck.

Let's hope yesterday he had one too many Sangria's and does not do it again, but the crazy decisions, the inability to realise it was wrong, let alone put it right and then, once he had time to reflect on the game, make no mention of this monumental bulls up has me very worried.

Ipswich were poor, but I feel yesterday even Pompey would have given us a hiding.

Dec 29, 2011
Yet if we won he'd have been hailed as a tactical genius. I love the guy, he's the best manager we've ever had. If he sticks around it's autos for us next year.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I agree 100%. I knew we'd lose before kick-off. By all means experiment when we've got a fully fit squad and a strong bench but yesterday wasn't the time to do it.

Yet if we won he'd have been hailed as a tactical genius. I love the guy, he's the best manager we've ever had. If he sticks around it's autos for us next year.

You can't have been there..... Because you said 'yet if we had won'

It was clear it was nigh on impossible to win yesterday how Oscar had us playing....

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If I heard correctly he said that Kazenga had a painful knee and they had to manage him carefully. Can't see Oscar did much wrong yesterday. Players failed to perform, we lost. We all move on. It's a blip, not a crisis :)

Dec 29, 2011
You can't have been there..... Because you said 'yet if we had won'

It was clear it was nigh on impossible to win yesterday how Oscar had us playing....

Are you playing the, "I went so my opinion is superior" card? How very original. EVERY manager gets things wrong sometimes, even Mourinho and Fergie. Poyet did A LOT too, remember Millwall at home two seasons back?

It didn't work out, get over it and move on, we now know of one formation that doesn't work.

I also heard about the knee and that could well justify a sub appearance. But it does not justify him playing in the middle, nor does it justify Buckley playing in the middle and most importantly, t does not justify Bruno playing in the middle.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I agree 100%. I knew we'd lose before kick-off. By all means experiment when we've got a fully fit squad and a strong bench but yesterday wasn't the time to do it.

So it starts already?

We lost and played badly.

Tell me, why didn't you get the job instead?

Are you playing the, "I went so my opinion is superior" card? How very original. EVERY manager gets things wrong sometimes, even Mourinho and Fergie. Poyet did A LOT too, remember Millwall at home two seasons back?

It didn't work out, get over it and move on, we now know of one formation that doesn't work.

Yes - 100%.

And for games I don't manage to attend, I would think more highly of the opinion of someone who was there, rather then me listening on the radio.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Seemed very odd he went down the Mark McGhee route of playing players out of position, Bruno in midfield? Come on... Especially when there were players for that position on the bench!

Not something I'd like to see happen again thank you very much.

Dec 29, 2011
Yes - 100%.

And for games I don't manage to attend, I would think more highly of the opinion of someone who was there, rather then me listening on the radio.

Saying you can predict the outcome because you were at the game is silly, I shall say no more because your cluelessness is getting on my tits.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Transition this season - Mid table finish, let Oscar find his feet and fully assess the squad he has.

Next season, strengthen where he sees fit and promotion. I honestly believe that.

Saying you can predict the outcome because you were at the game is silly, I shall say no more because your cluelessness is getting on my tits.

There were 1187 there yesterday as well as myself. I would be very confident that not one of them thought we could win the game unless something changed. Oscar did not make the change.

I appreciate my comments are coming across negative, but I'm generally the most positive person there is. My posts are full of praise or offering counter arguments when others are slating the team, players or manager.

But yesterday was woeful and the fact OG did not admit he got it wrong is a worry.

By the way. You last comment reminding me of my 7 year old son who says he wont listen to me anymore after he is told off!

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005

Yes, yes he is playing the "I went so my view is superior card", and so am I. You flippin' numpty - how can first hand viewing of 95 minutes of utter cr4p give him an inferior view to yours as an armchair critic?!

The original poster is 100% spot on, in every single bit of detail. I was there, and saw it exactly the same way. the selection, formation, tactics, changes (none of) and subs were all WRONG. And then he puts it down to "an off day......."

I'm bloody terrified what Forest will do to us if we don't learn from that and change, bloody quickly.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
There were 1187 there yesterday as well as myself. I would be very confident that not one of them thought we could win the game unless something changed. Oscar did not make the change.

I appreciate my comments are coming across negative, but I'm generally the most positive person there is. My posts are full of praise or offering counter arguments when others are slating the team, players or manager.

But yesterday was woeful and the fact OG did not admit he got it wrong is a worry.

By the way. You last comment reminding me of my 7 year old son who says he wont listen to me anymore after he is told off!

To be fair, how many times have you heard a manager post-match profess: "hey, tactically I really got that wrong. Sorry." And if he did, would that send out the right message to his playing staff?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I was there and there was no way we were going to win. The players were truly awful. Bring on March and Forster-caskey was not going to change the match, especially that late on. Forster-caskey must wonder what he has to do when a right back gets in before him! With regard being there, I am not sure that they could put over on the radio how poor they were, I honestly don't think a single player (maybe Upson) had a good game.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
I also heard about the knee and that could well justify a sub appearance. But it does not justify him playing in the middle, nor does it justify Buckley playing in the middle and most importantly, t does not justify Bruno playing in the middle.

If you think Kaz and Buckley were playing in the middle, then you clearly weren't there. Bruno was abysmal though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

I agree. Completely. He picked a poor team, but that's how he'll learn what works and what doesn't work. I'm certainly not going to write him off for one bad selection, this season is about Oscar Garcia learning the learn, learning what works and what doesn't and then next season we'll be much stronger for it. Yesterday was a terrible team selection and the timing of the substitutes was arguably rubbish.

But he was in charge for the good run as well as the one bad performance yesterday.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
For much of the game they were down the middle. And 'down the middle' is exactly where Kaz went when he first came on.

Facts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here