Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take over at Palace

Interesting if true.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/crystal-palace-in-takeover-talks-2314801

Warren Little
A Dubai-based consortium are searching for a Premier League investment – and Crystal Palace are in their sights.

Palace are among a number of clubs the group are looking at.

An approach for Arsenal was firmly rebuffed.

Talks are ongoing and a senior Palace official is believed to have met the Moroccan businessman who is the front man for the group.

Chairman Steve Parish was on holiday and did not attend the meeting.

Parish and his consortium acquired Palace from Simon Jordan after the south London club was placed into administration.

Despite limited investment, they secured promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs after defeating Watford at Wembley last May.

In the past, Parish has insisted his group are not looking to sell.

The potential buyers will have to prove that they have the finances to lift Palace to a new level and ensure the club enjoys a long term in the top flight.

Dec 29, 2011
Now would be a great time to sell. It's definitely only downhill from here in terms of league position and club value.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Genuine question to our resident Palace fans.

How would you feel about this "if" true?

I would hate to the marrow of my bones for palace to be taken over by some faceless billionaire,who just wants a play thing, to end up like Chelsea , man city . That would be it for football and me.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I would hate to the marrow of my bones for palace to be taken over by some faceless billionaire,who just wants a play thing, to end up like Chelsea , man city . That would be it for football and me.

Billionaires tend to head to clubs who have nice stadiums. To take Palace to the next level they need a new ground so you can say goodbye to £150m straight off the bat...

Won't happen.

Now an attempt to buy out Tony Bloom - that's a different matter.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There's something weird about this story. The potential owners bid for Arsenal. It's rebuffed. They then think. 'I know, I'll bid for Palace.'

That is such an unlikely step from one to the other.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
One fault with this story, they are after a premiership club, in 8 months palarse wont be a premiership club.

D

Deleted member 22389

I really hope Bloom stays and doesn't one day sell out. Wouldn't it be great if one day we got the Premier League without needing a foreign owner. I have predicted for years that one day the Premier League would crash, it seems to be going from strength to strength. These foreigners love London clubs don't they.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's something weird about this story. The potential owners bid for Arsenal. It's rebuffed. They then think. 'I know, I'll bid for Palace.'

That is such an unlikely step from one to the other.
Start at the top and work down.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Prince Charming OUT ! :lolol:

Direct from his office photo on reading your comment.

shrek2.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Genuine question to our resident Palace fans.

How would you feel about this "if" true?
What can they say:-

'I hope we don't sell to anyone shady who could put us in administration'.
'We don't need any more investment'.
'Best not sell they might just be asset strippers'.

At least a Dubai based consortium might have enough class to stay off message boards.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Getting your offer turned down to buy Arsenal then trying to buy Palace is like setting your sights on Sienna Miller but setting for Susan Boyle.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I've always thought that if I had "loads of money" how much more fun it would be to start from scratch.

Choose a town I like, build a new stadium and other facilities and start right from the bottom - either by buying a team in a local league or starting a new team and "persuading" a local league to invite you.

How much more satisfying it would then be to see the money you spend elevating you through the leagues. Pipe dream I know but rather fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here