Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tune In Radio

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I don't know if anyone else uses this App for my phone and tablet , but I must mention it.

I've downloaded it through playstore and it gives access to virtually every radio station I know. Internet, FM and Digital.

We have registered our own internet station on there now and it was quick and simple.

It make me feel that FM and Digital are going to become obsolete within 10-15 years.

Be interested to know folks thoughts.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Ive been using it for a couple of years now on my Ipod and Ipad. Also have it on my note 2 and I love it, but it does work better with apple. Not as good on android.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Have been using for a couple of years since I realised I could get animenfo.com's radio station through it. Tends to be more reliable for me than other radio apps and also intriduced me to Richard Herring's podcasts for which I am very thankful.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I did have a pause for thought moment a while ago, listening to Tune In.

Walking along the beach in Sussex, listening live to my favourite Washington DC radio show, on my phone.
A device smaller than a coaster, that didn't even exist 30 years ago.

MIND BLOWING.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Downloaded it for my iPad about few months ago. Have since used it for such diverse purposes as listening to German electro / house station FFH while cooking and the Today programme on Radio 4 whilst shaving. Can't recommend it highly enough if you have an iPhone or iPad.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Does this mean that you can install it to an Ipod so that if any where in the world you could still get a UK radio station.

Yes. Provided that you have a wifi or 3G signal. Although it's quite bizarre waking up in a hotel room in the States and listening to Scott Mills' afternoon radio show.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
TuneIn for radio and TVCatchup for telly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thanks for that I will have to ask my nephew as he is the clued up one on such matters as to whether or not my I pod will accept it. Without this thread I wouldnt even have considered or thought of it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I don't know if anyone else uses this App for my phone and tablet , but I must mention it.

I've downloaded it through playstore and it gives access to virtually every radio station I know. Internet, FM and Digital.

We have registered our own internet station on there now and it was quick and simple.

It make me feel that FM and Digital are going to become obsolete within 10-15 years.

Be interested to know folks thoughts.

You'll still need FM and local BBC stations to listen to live football league commentary for the next few years, then it will be subject to how the FL and BBC negotiate a new deal.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
You'll still need FM and local BBC stations to listen to live football league commentary for the next few years, then it will be subject to how the FL and BBC negotiate a new deal.

Unless they are broadcast on 5Live.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Works a treat for The Albion Roar though :thumbsup:

Works on iOS, Google Android and Windows Phone

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Unless they are broadcast on 5Live.

I did put local, which is what I was clearly referring to.

Do 5 live do FL commentary? And are you sure if they do you can listen to it online?

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Works a treat for The Albion Roar though :thumbsup:

Works on iOS, Google Android and Windows Phone

Thanks to Tune In I had a surreal Saturday last week. I had also recorded a shows with a local presenter which went out on BHCR at midday. So basically I was on two radio stations at the same time. We put Tune In on at work to catch up on it.

It made me wonder just how amazing technology is. We are all our own broadcasters now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here