Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help Sleeping

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Anyone struggle to sleep soundly through the night.

Any advice what do you do?

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I get up at least 5 times in the night, it's always been an issue.

That said, there are over-the-counter tablets that work well with little residue. Me thinks see your chemist.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
don't use tech late at night. let your body unwind naturally.. bath book etc..
IF I awake during the night, I have begun to use podcasts to snooze back to sleep to if im awake more than 15 mins.. tech is then very helpful!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
don't use tech late at night. let your body unwind naturally.. bath book etc..
IF I awake during the night, I have begun to use podcasts to snooze back to sleep to if im awake more than 15 mins.. tech is then very helpful!

Same. I listen to radio plays with one earpiece in and the volume low. Normally works a charm, if not I get to hear a play. Win, win.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Anyone struggle to sleep soundly through the night.

Any advice what do you do?

Sleep in your bed 180 degrees to your normal orientation. It messes with your brain patterns and helps you to sleep.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've become pretty much reliant on using one earpiece and a low volume podcast to drift off these days.

This works for me too. Although Steely Dan's 'Can't Buy A Thrill' or The Style Council's 'Singular Adventures' are my listening pleasure for this.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Routine is what is needed. Try to go to bed at the same time every night and don't eat for 3 hours before. A little alcohol won't hurt either.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've found that having sex just before turning the light off works a treat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As above, unwind, no screen, read etc.

I also have my generic MP3 player to hand.
Waking up early normally switches my brain on, listening to a podcast blocks that out.

But a word of warning, I do wonder if I wake up to listen to podcasts, somewhat counter intuitive.

D

Deleted member 18477

I toss and turn. From right side to left side to back. If that doesn't work I try my front - not as comfortable but seems to weirdly work.

If I'm still struggling some nights I just take it as my body saying you don't need as much sleep as you think.

Definitely works to get in a routine though. Up at 6am in bed by 11pm lights out at 11.30pm. Regular exercise in the day helps and also not eating after my dinner which is usually around 7pm.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think I'd rather sleep in my bed with one of the "Three Degrees"

Which one in particular?

threedegrees.jpg

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Cut out all alcohol and caffeine a few hours before you go to bed. Hide your alarm clock with the time showing as it'll make you more stressed if you can't nod off by constantly looking at the time passing. If you're really struggling then your doctor might prescribe Zopiclone - they're great for getting a good night's sleep. They can be addictive so I try not to take them too often (two or three times a week at the most).

Best of luck getting it sorted. :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I always liked drifting off to the spoken word as a kid and it's stuck with me. As others, above, I put on a long podcast at low volume into a single earphone and off I go.

The only downside is occasionally waking in a tangle of wires.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here