Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terrible scenes at Ipswich

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I was deeply disturbed today at the behaviour of the Ipswich Town football fans.

First of all the collectively began chanting a suggestion that hadn’t told my boyfriend I was here. This was a blatant untruth. I told him yesterday before I kissed him goodnight and went off to Dukes Mound.

They then suggested that they could see me holding hands. With who I ask ? As much as the burly biker types standing either side of me were affable fellahs, unless we were united in some sort of grief, or there was another effort by Paddy Power to boost their profile, sorry, get us to make a stand against homophobia, it wasn’t going to happen.

It was their final chant that took the biscuit. ‘You’re gay and you know you are’. I screamed for a Policeman who simply said ‘Just man up, sweetie’. Red faced I replied ‘I am a homosexual man, and not a gay’ Just because it’s true that the advent of Palace scoring 5 and Albion scoring none may lead to the consolation of me seeking a certain type of sexual pleasure from my partner, it doesn’t mean that I am a limp wrested, handbag carrying, Kylie Minogue worshipper……

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
He must mention it nearly every day that he is gay. It's tiresome now.

Funny that, because scrolling back through my posts it would appear that is far from the case, and I've only mentioned it in relation to threads associated and relevant.

I would suggest that you have probably shown your disliking for it just as much.

So, I would simply suggest you stop trolling my posts and actually see it as a humorous take on those who get upset over nothing.

Edit: I have started 93 threads on NSC, only 1 of which references my sexuality an not even that was during the original post.....

Last edited:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
We get it. You don't care about homophobic remarks even though, guess what, you're gay!!!!

Where do you stand on queer bashing? Bit more serious or just a bit of a fun work out for the lads? We need to know 'cos guess what, you're gay!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Funny that, because scrolling back through my posts it would appear that is far from the case, and I've only mentioned it in relation to threads associated and relevant.

I would suggest that you have probably shown your disliking for it just as much.

So, I would simply suggest you stop trolling my posts and actually see it as a humorous take on those who get upset over nothing.

Edit: I have started 93 threads on NSC, only 1 of which references my sexuality an not even that was during the original post.....

So you're a bender who doesn't get offended too easily. Excellant.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
We get it. You don't care about homophobic remarks even though, guess what, you're gay!!!!

Where do you stand on queer bashing? Bit more serious or just a bit of a fun work out for the lads? We need to know 'cos guess what, you're gay!!

I actually wrote an article on the issue of homophobia which is widely referenced by others. Most, but not everyone agrees with it. I like constructive criticism though if you wish to look.

http://thepepperpotpost.wordpress.com/2013/04/16/yes-my-boyfriend-knows-im-here/

Further regards homophobic issues in football, I will be making a radio broadcast to promote Football v Homophobia when our paths get a chance to cross. We have already done one.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How prevalent is homophobia compared to that towards disabilities or sex or race?

I'm starting to feel that the various pressure groups are fighting a battle that is already won. A footballer is going to have to come out, simply because they feel the need to merge their private life with their public life.

I like to watch pride, in the same way that the Victorians liked to watch freak shows. Not because I believe every gay person to be a freak, more so that someone is going to look a little odd and there is a chance that a lesbian will get her tits out (I could stay at home and watch a 'lesbian' do that on xhamster or what-have-you). I'm inclined to feel that we have progressed enough, as a society, for someone to be gay (and in the public life) to be accepted for who they are. Of course, you're going to get the odd nob, but I reckon that the world would keep spinning and everyone would wonder what all the fuss was about.

As an aside, I've never understood pride (and that counts for every niche in society). I've always believed that you shouldn't let something define you. We're all one and the same, with a few differences.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How prevalent is homophobia compared to that towards disabilities or sex or race?

We're all one and the same, with a few differences.

I've been thinking that some of my differences are very different of late.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton

I'm starting to feel that the various pressure groups are fighting a battle that is already won. A footballer is going to have to come out, simply because they feel the need to merge their private life with their public life.

I like to watch pride, in the same way that the Victorians liked to watch freak shows. Not because I believe every gay person to be a freak, more so that someone is going to look a little odd and there is a chance that a lesbian will get her tits out (I could stay at home and watch a 'lesbian' do that on xhamster or what-have-you). I'm inclined to feel that we have progressed enough, as a society, for someone to be gay (and in the public life) to be accepted for who they are. Of course, you're going to get the odd nob, but I reckon that the world would keep spinning and everyone would wonder what all the fuss was about.

As an aside, I've never understood pride (and that counts for every niche in society). I've always believed that you shouldn't let something define you. We're all one and the same, with a few differences.

I always enjoy your posts because they are not lacking in rationale.

As an answer to the Pride question, some people do feel it has lost its way. I was once both praised and lambasted in different quarters for saying that Pride was once a relevant festival of self determination but has in many ways become one of self indulgence.

That said, many brave people, for good reason, hold Pride festivals in other countries at great risk. And good for them. My heart goes out to people in many nations who risk their lives to say 'We will not be oppressed'.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I always enjoy your posts because they are not lacking in rationale.

As an answer to the Pride question, some people do feel it has lost its way. I was once both praised and lambasted in different quarters for saying that Pride was once a relevant festival of self determination but has in many ways become one of self indulgence.

That said, many brave people, for good reason, hold Pride festivals in other countries at great risk. And good for them. My heart goes out to people in many nations who risk their lives to say 'We will not be oppressed'.

I spoke to a chap at Pride this year. He was holding a Malawian flag, so I said "Moni, muli bwanji?" (Chichewan for "Hello. How are you?") - he looked a little puzzled and told me he was Ugandan, but protesting on behalf of Malawian people. I had a very interesting chat about the policies of his country, as I am genuinely interested and more than likely going to spend some time in Uganda teaching.

I think beyond the playground stuff, "Your dad is gay and so is the other one", that society will be more accepting than people are being led to believe. The organisations and the press are stirring the pot and putting the frighteners up the gay players, I am certain.

Having been on the end of discrimination myself (due to my hearing disability) and callous comments (which I never heard ;) ), I believe that people can be proud of what they achieve as a person, as opposed to a label. I'm sure there are lots of people that can say, I've done good today, not because what I am, but because who I am.

I do feel that the battle has been won in our country, save for mini battles all over the place (the same for anyone who is not a blue eyed blonde), but the war goes on elsewhere.

Brighton Pride has lost it's way. It's an opportunity to have a piss up and has been hijacked by teenagers high on laughing gas and cheap booze.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I spoke to a chap at Pride this year. He was holding a Malawian flag, so I said "Moni, muli bwanji?" (Chichewan for "Hello. How are you?") - he looked a little puzzled and told me he was Ugandan, but protesting on behalf of Malawian people. I had a very interesting chat about the policies of his country, as I am genuinely interested and more than likely going to spend some time in Uganda teaching.

I think beyond the playground stuff, "Your dad is gay and so is the other one", that society will be more accepting than people are being led to believe. The organisations and the press are stirring the pot and putting the frighteners up the gay players, I am certain.

Having been on the end of discrimination myself (due to my hearing disability) and callous comments (which I never heard ;) ), I believe that people can be proud of what they achieve as a person, as opposed to a label. I'm sure there are lots of people that can say, I've done good today, not because what I am, but because who I am.

I do feel that the battle has been won in our country, save for mini battles all over the place (the same for anyone who is not a blue eyed blonde), but the war goes on elsewhere.

Brighton Pride has lost it's way. It's an opportunity to have a piss up and has been hijacked by teenagers high on laughing gas and cheap booze.

That. WITH BELLS ON.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here