Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a more depressing sight in football...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...than seeing a grown man being ejected from a football ground (and I'm making an assumption that it was for the level of abuse directed at the Albion fans) to then see his small, young son follow him.

Great example Dad - well done.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
images

In all seriousness, I do agree with your sentiments. The footballers aren't the role models. The man that takes you to the game is.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
How many generations in that family does uncouth behaviour go back I wonder. This guy probably heard his own father come out with similar things when he was just a kid himself.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
To be fair we did also have 4 big boys rush to the front and because they got told off they kicked off with the stewards.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Very depressing.
Same sort of dad that will be shouting at his son and abusing the ref at Sunday morning kids football

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Very much agree with that Bozza. The worst I saw was at Millwall away a few years back when some Brighton fan marched his kids down to the front to have a go at the stewards saying they should make sure they pen the Millwall fans in at the end before turning to some Millwall fan in the distance who was baiting him and replied "I'll skin you afterwards you c**t!" The steward to his credit said if he carried on like that he could leave right there and then.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To be fair we did also have 4 big boys rush to the front and because they got told off they kicked off with the stewards.

Was that because of the homophobic abuse being directed at Brighton fans which the stewards ignored ? There was a tweet which suggested that's why it kicked off with the stewards.

Mew

Aug 16, 2011
Similar happened at an away match at Sheffield United in 2006. Very depressing to sit next to a kid who pleaded with his drunk dad to stop after he got his first warning then sobbed when the stewards came to kick his dad out.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What did they do?

David Drake ‏@drakey_boy 2h
VERY poor stewarding @Suspolfootball ample homophobic abuse from @OfficialITFC fans, but Stewards only interested #BHAFC fans. Any arrests?
Darren Balkham ‏@Suspolfootball 5m
@drakey_boy hi Dave, incident has been debriefed and ejections at the time from both sides. Further investigations will follow.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Our lot should be embarrassed of themselves.

And what about the Ipswich stewards? Waited till all hell broke loose and then had died down before sorting out the Ipswich wind up merchants.

Could and should have been nipped in the bud in first 30 seconds.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
David Drake ‏@drakey_boy 2h
VERY poor stewarding @Suspolfootball ample homophobic abuse from @OfficialITFC fans, but Stewards only interested #BHAFC fans. Any arrests?
Darren Balkham ‏@Suspolfootball 5m
@drakey_boy hi Dave, incident has been debriefed and ejections at the time from both sides. Further investigations will follow.

So is the criticism aimed at those complaining about the Homophobic baiting, SOG, or the behaviour of some of our own (no doubt pissed-up) gobshites?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here