Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich ratings?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not one player could get above 5 no matter how much of an optimist you are.

A bad day at the office for the whole team, everybody played shit today.

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
Worst performance I've seen in ages. Ward is scared to pass forward or move forward. Bruno is not a midfielder......and Barnes was no threat at all. Was frustrated with us showing no urgency with 15-20 mins to go being 2-0 down... The only two players that looked like doing anything was buckley 1st half Kaz 2nd. Tues night Leo up top with Kaz and buckley. Ince back in and would be tempted to switch Calde left to give us more option wide.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
just got back, was my boys first away match, funnily didn't seem to put him off, all players rated as below 5 with Bruno on 1 and PIG 1 never seen such wayward kicking from a keeper.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I'll have a go, but I am 3 sheets intoxicated from the pain of having to watch that.

I'll start with Oscar Garcia 3, yes 3. Dropped Ince, Kaz and Lopez, the orchestrators of the Bolton destruction, leaving a team not knowing who was doing what, loads of finger pointing and arguing. OG failed to spot the obvious problems, left his subs much too long, and then brought on lightweights too late - and then to cap it all, OG thinks it wasn't too bad. I can only assume he is punishing his players in private, but keeping an honourable straight face to the media. Oscar, you must wear this defeat, it was quite literally YOUR FAULT.

Kooshak 3 - complete loss of confidence, dreadful distribution, and did not come off his line to narrow the angles on the second goal. Awful, really awful, and spent most of the game arguing with anyone he could.

Calderon 4 - as bad today as he was good last week. Looked league one.
Greer 4 - made to look clueless by McGoldrick on their second, really embarrassing.
Upson 4 - must have thought he was back at Stoke with all the long diagonal balls.
Ward 2 - totally out of his depth, looked like a slow boy in a physical mans game, absolutely dreadful game.

Bruno 1 - totally lazy and anonymous, really shockingly poor, and poor old MOTM Ince had to sit and watch him take his shirt, utterly dreadful. Should have been subbed uninjured after 30 minutes.
Crofts 6 - our best player on the day, but I cannot use the tag MOTM. The sitter he missed was actually flagged for offside, but still, he missed it. Worked hard to cover for the dreadful Bruno.
Andrews 4 - wasted in the deep role, if we had started with Ince, he could have played with more advanced freedom. Looked angry, and was clearly arguing with our own.

Buckley 4 - limp and ineffective, but should have got the pen, he was barged sideways but the ref gave it the other way for diving, but did not have the nuts to book him, Weak game.
Conway 2 - poor Kaz had to watch this pathetic anonymous display, utterly dreadful, run out of words to describe.
Barnes 2 - big opportunity with Len absent, and today he was absolutely awful, won nothing in the air, did not take up any good positions, had an awful first touch, truly awful.

Not much more to say, just a totally lazy unprofessional team display. I really hope OG has learned lessons, and has given all of them 7 shades of sh1t for this dreadful performance.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Calderon - 2. Once again clever managers like Mick McCarthy have done their homework and target him. Nice bloke but a liability.

and as for Bruno, well...........

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
just got back, was my boys first away match, funnily didn't seem to put him off, all players rated as below 5 with Bruno on 1 and PIG 1 never seen such wayward kicking from a keeper.

Agree with this.
However, one positive: Bruno had some much needed match time.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ward is scared to pass forward or move forward.

I was saying this after Reading and got criticised for it, he is not the attacking LB people claim him to be.

Also, Bruno should be nowhere near the first-team at the moment, he is our third best RB (behind Calde and Lopez) and is not a CM.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kuszczak 2 - Pathetic distribution. He should work on it more, he has plenty of time in the week to learn how not to shank it out of play or over hit it to the opposition GK.
Calderon 4 - Was left far too exposed by our stupid shape.
Greer 4 - Also exposed, not his fault but could have done better.
Upson 3 - Poor performance in every aspect.
Ward 3 - Dire.
Conway 0 - No impact on the game.
Andrews 4 - Some good passes and break up play, but unable to get the team going.
Crofts 5 - Our best player on the day but not saying much.
Bruno 3 - Glimpses of why he was in midfield with clever creative balls, but pretty casual performance.
Buckley 3 - Wasted by the "tactics" and team shape.
Barnes 3 - Never stood a chance. No service, nothing to work with.

Subs:
LuaLua 4 - Had a go. But ineffective.
March and JFC - No chance. Should have been on earlier, much earlier.

Oscar 2 - Nobody believed we had a chance when we saw the formation. The warm up was casual and ineffective as well, he has things to sort out.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'll have a go, but I am 3 sheets intoxicated from the pain of having to watch that.

I'll start with Oscar Garcia 3, yes 3. Dropped Ince, Kaz and Lopez, the orchestrators of the Bolton destruction, leaving a team not knowing who was doing what, loads of finger pointing and arguing. OG failed to spot the obvious problems, left his subs much too long, and then brought on lightweights too late - and then to cap it all, OG thinks it wasn't too bad. I can only assume he is punishing his players in private, but keeping an honourable straight face to the media. Oscar, you must wear this defeat, it was quite literally YOUR FAULT.

Kooshak 3 - complete loss of confidence, dreadful distribution, and did not come off his line to narrow the angles on the second goal. Awful, really awful, and spent most of the game arguing with anyone he could.

Calderon 4 - as bad today as he was good last week. Looked league one.
Greer 4 - made to look clueless by McGoldrick on their second, really embarrassing.
Upson 4 - must have thought he was back at Stoke with all the long diagonal balls.
Ward 2 - totally out of his depth, looked like a slow boy in a physical mans game, absolutely dreadful game.

Bruno 1 - totally lazy and anonymous, really shockingly poor, and poor old MOTM Ince had to sit and watch him take his shirt, utterly dreadful. Should have been subbed uninjured after 30 minutes.
Crofts 6 - our best player on the day, but I cannot use the tag MOTM. The sitter he missed was actually flagged for offside, but still, he missed it. Worked hard to cover for the dreadful Bruno.
Andrews 4 - wasted in the deep role, if we had started with Ince, he could have played with more advanced freedom. Looked angry, and was clearly arguing with our own.

Buckley 4 - limp and ineffective, but should have got the pen, he was barged sideways but the ref gave it the other way for diving, but did not have the nuts to book him, Weak game.
Conway 2 - poor Kaz had to watch this pathetic anonymous display, utterly dreadful, run out of words to describe.
Barnes 2 - big opportunity with Len absent, and today he was absolutely awful, won nothing in the air, did not take up any good positions, had an awful first touch, truly awful.

Not much more to say, just a totally lazy unprofessional team display. I really hope OG has learned lessons, and has given all of them 7 shades of sh1t for this dreadful performance.

Agree with most of that. Reckon you are being generous with some ratings.
I was gobsmacked at the ineptitude of the performance. Tried to remember when I had last been so pissed off. Maybe Coventry away ( 2011 ) but even that wasn't as bad as Saturday.
Every single player was terrible. They should collectively hang their heads in shame.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Agree with most of that. Reckon you are being generous with some ratings.
I was gobsmacked at the ineptitude of the performance. Tried to remember when I had last been so pissed off. Maybe Coventry away ( 2011 ) but even that wasn't as bad as Saturday.
Every single player was terrible. They should collectively hang their heads in shame.

At least Buckley had the decency to say similar in his post match interview. What surprises me are OG comments, maybe he wanted to avoid impacting on morale, although I'd have thought the performance took care of that. I've seen many post match interviews where the Manager has accepted responsibility and/or criticised aspects of individual and team performance. The next two games could be interesting to see what sorts of changes he makes against a team asking for a spanking and one that's likely to be as big a test as we'll get at the Amex

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I don't see how it could have been flagged offside, as Buckley crossed from literally on the byeline, and pulled it back to him... perhaps the ball had gone out before Buckley crossed?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I only include ratings when I receive a minimum of 6 players with named ratings.
If the halves are each rated differently, I split the difference.

I don't try to predict "less than 5" for anyone as that requires too much guesswork from me to be reflective of someone else's opinion.

As such, I've only got two sets of ratings recorded. So am adding these from the argus:

The Argus Ratings

Bruno 6
Greer 5
Andrews 6
Crofts 6
Barnes 5
Calderon 5
Ward 6
Upson 5
Conway 5
Lualua 6
Kuszczak 6