Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'back from Ipswich' thread

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
That really was ****ing awful.

But how did Crofts miss that early chance?

It could have been so different. But right from the Koosh's skewiff goal kicks it seemed as if there were individual difficulties matched with a general disjointedness throughout the side. Even our big fish were sprattish today.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Couldn't follow the game on the radio, and the BBC website said we had 0 shots on target ??? Was it really that bad chaps?

Not at all, no.

It was worse.

I'd be interested to know if anyone could name an Albion MotM today as I seriously can't.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
I'm so glad i didnt go today,

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not at all, no.

It was worse.

I'd be interested to know if anyone could name an Albion MotM today as I seriously can't.

Absolutely. The guy next to me said that he thought we were ok. I asked him to name our MoM and he couldn't. We just didn't turn up. True, we should have had a pen, but I don't think we'd have scored a second. Crofts' miss was truly awful. I haven't caught with Oscar's post match commentary - did he really say we played well? It was, IMO, as bad as the second half of the second play-off game, only today it was both halves. We made Ipswich, Ipswich ffs, look a decent side.

Still, there's always Wed on Tues...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely. The guy next to me said that he thought we were ok. I asked him to name our MoM and he couldn't. We just didn't turn up. True, we should have had a pen, but I don't think we'd have scored a second. Crofts' miss was truly awful. I haven't caught with Oscar's post match commentary - did he really say we played well? It was, IMO, as bad as the second half of the second play-off game, only today it was both halves. We made Ipswich, Ipswich ffs, look a decent side.

Still, there's always Wed on Tues...

BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC
Oscar post Ipswich: McGoldrick was the difference between the two sides. We didn't start too well, and that made it hard for us. #BHAFC
Oscar post Ipswich: We knew McGoldrick could be a threat and today he showed that he is player who can play at a higher level. #BHAFC
Oscar post Ipswich: We were not good in the first 25 minutes, but after that we improved. #BHAFC
Oscar post Ipswich: LuaLua has a problem with his knee and we have to limit the minutes he plays. It's something we have to manage. #BHAFC
Oscar post Ipswich: I'm not sure why the referee did not award a penalty in the second half. It was a clear handball. #BHAFC

Buckley pulled no punches post-match, as he said #BHAFC weren't at the races today. "We want to put right on Tuesday night at the Amex."

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Worst game I have seen in years!

Really hope Oscar learns a lot from it but "We were not good in the first 25 minutes, but after that we improved" suggests not!

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Not at all, no.

It was worse.

I thought LuaLua looked dangerous when he made it to the wing

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Worst performance I have seen in a long while. Whilst Barnes had a dreadful game, quite what he was supposed to do with balls hoofed up by Kuz, when he actually managed not to kick them into touch, mystified me. This cannot possibly have been part of the game plan could it?

We were well beaten by a side who looked a bit crap themselves until they scored but after that bossed us in all areas of the pitch and harried us into mistakes. In fact they looked a better passing football side than us for the most part.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Worst performance I have seen in a long while. Whilst Barnes had a dreadful game, quite what he was supposed to do with balls hoofed up by Kuz, when he actually managed not to kick them into touch, mystified me. This cannot possibly have been part of the game plan could it?

I genuinely think it might have been - after he'd just hoofed the ball through to their keeper for the third time, and gestured it was supposed to be a ball over the top, he turned to the Albion bench and shrugged as if to say "this isn't working very well."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here