Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just as well we had.......

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Barnes to deputise at CF. Cos in three games he got ......errrrrr.... 0 goals. Not even the excuse of him being out of position can be produced for this debacle.

Thank goodness we have a proper CF back for Tuesday night.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Far from being a fair test. I think it is churlish to suggest that Barnes is a useless understudy on the evidence of three games with key members of the team missing. Before today, we were unbeaten with him on the pitch and without Ulloa. Leo doesn't score every game he plays. He's had two lean spells of more than 3 matches for us so far.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Barnes had the ball in the back of the net today , not given because of a foul by Buckley a second earlier.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has anybody ever suggested that Barnes who cost about £200k is as good as Ulloa who cost about £2m+ but somebody had to play in that position during Ulloa's absence.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
More Bremner than Nelson, still worth having in the team because he is a GOALSCORER! Anyone suggesting otherwise is an idiot.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Barnes to deputise at CF. Cos in three games he got ......errrrrr.... 0 goals. Not even the excuse of him being out of position can be produced for this debacle.

Thank goodness we have a proper CF back for Tuesday night.

You are a cock! Do one you Palace scum!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He's still only 23.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Five games undefeated a couple against very good sides. A bad day today, at least most were off form in the same game.
Til Tuesday then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barnes is not a lone striker, valiant efforts over the last few games but unless we play two upfront he won't get into the team when everyone is fit. I am a Barnes fan but with the midfield we now have and the way we play he is only going to be a bench player at best.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Barnes is not a lone striker, valiant efforts over the last few games but unless we play two upfront he won't get into the team when everyone is fit. I am a Barnes fan but with the midfield we now have and the way we play he is only going to be a bench player at best.

Yes and if we have aspirations of promotion we must have better cover for Ulloa for when he is injured or suspended.

We have a very weak forward line for the Championship.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If cms had to do the lone role in ulloas absence the out come would of been the same I'm sure.

We need a plan b formation wise should ulloa be out regardless of if cms and Barnes are both fit . Neither are able to play his role effectively .

There has been signs we may not miss ulloa but they that have been sporadic at best. We had to try it but another plan needs to be ready whether we sign someone or can reshuffle the formation when he is next missing.

I hope his suspension has shown this more than anything

Dec 29, 2011
We have a very weak forward line for the Championship.

You mean Buckley, who Swansea offered £5m for only last year?
Or do you mean Ulloa, who is probably the best CF in the division?
Perhaps you mean Lualua, who cost £1m, scores 1 goal in almost every 5 games, and has been one of our best players this season.

No, no, you can't mean them. You must be talking about Conway who played an instrumental part of Cardiff's promotion last season and missed being part of the Premier League squad by a hair length.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
You mean Buckley, who Swansea offered £5m for only last year?
Or do you mean Ulloa, who is probably the best CF in the division?
Perhaps you mean Lualua, who cost £1m, scores 1 goal in almost every 5 games, and has been one of our best players this season.

No, no, you can't mean them. You must be talking about Conway who played an instrumental part of Cardiff's promotion last season and missed being part of the Premier League squad by a hair length.

Buckley is a great player on his day. Sadly those days have been few and far between since the going to Southampton/signing a new contract saga.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The OP is being a ****. But in my view the player we are really missing at the moment is CMS.

Can't wait to see him back in a couple of months, terrorising defenders. He will be like a new player and I have this feeling with Oscars style of play that he will be very suited to it.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
If only everyone showed the commitment of Ashley, we would be top of the league, he gives 110% every time he plays. Sometimes a bit to eager, but It seems some players can't be bothered at times.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
The OP is being a ****. But in my view the player we are really missing at the moment is CMS.

Can't wait to see him back in a couple of months, terrorising defenders. He will be like a new player and I have this feeling with Oscars style of play that he will be very suited to it.

It's that bad? GULP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here