Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Special day for Oscar [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Special day for Oscar[/h] 1:10pm Saturday 28th September 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2657156.jpg
Oscar with Bobby Robson and his assistant Jose Mourinho. Photo: http://www.sport.es
Oscar Garcia will take charge of Albion at the home of one his footballing mentors today.
The Seagulls meet Ipswich at Portman Road.
Oscar played for Barcelona under Bobby Robson and rates him as one of his key managerial influences.
Robson led Ipswich to the FA Cup and UEFA Cup during his time as boss in Suffolk.
He is honoured by a statue outside the ground and the stand behind one of the goals is named in his honour.
Oscar told The Argus recently: “I’ve been at Barcelona all my life. The first coach that took me into the first team was Johan Cruyff.
“I had the luck to have Jose Mourinho as assistant coach for a year and he taught me a lot.
“I had the former Real Madrid coach Benito Floro when I was at Albacete, I had Bobby Robson, Louis Van Gaal, Hector Cuper, Javier Clemente. I’ve had a lot of coaches and you try to take something from all of them.
“Bobby was a person who was close to the players. He was a very nice person but he had a lot of trouble with the language to start with.
“That caused him problems in expressing himself in Spanish in a way in which everyone could understand. But one thing I learned from Bobby is that, in football, you can be a nice guy and be successful.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here