Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Potter studio tour

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Anyone been on this? went with the Girlfriend a few days ago! quite enjoyed it myself!! if theyre a fan of the films, its very much worth taking them!! they will love you for a few days for it haha

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
We went earlier this year, with our three 'kids' (17,21,23). I am no HP fan (not read the books and slept through most of the movies!) but we had a great time - some of the technology, detailed costumes/props and models are simply fantastic. One tip... avoid the 'Butter Beer' :)

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Went last year.

Loved it

Did you get the programme?

Thought it was awesome!! You choose a time to begin your tour so it's never really packed. Particularly liked Diagon Alley and the butterbeer although very sweet!! Gift shop very expensive- stay away from Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans!!!

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Yeah, well worth it if you're at all interested in HP or movie-making. No kids required.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Off there later today.
I'll admit to not being fussed either way, but when Stat Club Juniors finally find out 'Lil Miss Stat' birthday surprise I anticipate them going spastic mentals.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I took the kids a couple of weeks ago, it was a good day out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I took the kids a couple of weeks ago, it was a good day out.
How strict are they on the entry time?

I only had 4pm available when I booked, but naturally I'd prefer to get there earlier in order to get back sooner (school tomorrow etc)

I'm hoping to turn 4pm into 3pm, but obviously I don't want to be outside for an hour with the kids going batpooh crazy, watching a clock tick round, while we're refused entry.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

I only had 4pm available when I booked, but naturally I'd prefer to get there earlier in order to get back sooner (school tomorrow etc)

I'm hoping to turn 4pm into 3pm, but obviously I don't want to be outside for an hour with the kids going batpooh crazy, watching a clock tick round, while we're refused entry.
We got there earlier than our allotted time and had a drink in the cafe and a wonder around the shop to kill time. I'm pretty sure that if there is space they can sort you out an earlier slot when you take your confirmation to the ticket booth, it's worth asking.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Never seen any of the Harry Botty films or read any of the books (I am allegedly an adult after all) but I absolutely loved (in a Kevin Keegan kind of way) the HP Studio tour, just brilliant from start to finish. Avoid the Butter Beer unless you want to become an instant insulin-dependant diabetic.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Went on Friday, as someone who is not a massive fan of the films it was quite enjoyable.

However, I honestly can not believe how expensive everything was in the shop...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Went on Friday, as someone who is not a massive fan of the films it was quite enjoyable.

However, I honestly can not believe how expensive everything was in the shop...
Those prices must have been aimed at the (numerous) American and Jap visitors....or obsessed HP fans!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
So many Asians.... so many.... more than one Asian had bags and bags of stuff, must have dropped thousands.

R u allowed to say that :moo: As an aside my family went on the real thing in Florida in last summers 95 deg heat.In front of us were several women in complete burkers with just the eyes showing. Their other half's were in flash shorts/tee shirts.

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
R u allowed to say that :moo: As an aside my family went on the real thing in Florida last summers 95 deg heat.In front of us were several women in complete burkers with just the eyes showing. Their other half's were in flash shorts/tee shirts.

Muslims going on a Harry Potter tour would carry a violent punishmnet. Are you sure they were burkas or were they covering up bad plastic surgery.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Muslims going on a Harry Potter tour would carry a violent punishmnet. Are you sure they were burkas or were they covering up bad plastic surgery.

First time I ever came across burkas was when Lego Land opened at Windsor.
I found it fascinating that the husbands & kids wore designer gear but were walking around with medieval wives.
I must admit I did take a peek at their ankles tho:drool:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Brilliant day out, we had a booking time of 12:00, but got there early, went in at 11:00 with no problems.
As long as they fill the quota of number of people in queue to get in.
Enjoy:thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well that was a very impressive and 'professional' tour.

Other than the price of everything, once you're through the door, the Studio Tour is pretty much a faultless day out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here