Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrews praises 'shrewd' Ipswich [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Andrews praises 'shrewd' Ipswich[/h]12:00am Saturday 28th September 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2656939.jpg
Keith Andrews challenges opposite number Vicente when Albion visited Ipswich two years ago
Former Ipswich loanee Keith Andrews is ready to take on the boss he once recommended for a job.
The Albion midfielder reckons the Tractor Boys have got a great man in charge in Mick McCarthy.
Andrews, who was on loan at Portman Road two years ago, wanted McCarthy to take over at Bolton this time last year.
Dougie Freedman eventually got the job and deemed Andrews surplus to requirements in the summer.
The Irish midfielder said: “Mick was linked heavily with the Bolton job at the time and I was a bit surprised he didn’t get it because of the pedigree he has, how he can get teams working as team.
“He has a proven track record of getting teams promoted so I was a little bit surprised he didn’t get it.
“When Ipswich snapped him up quite quickly I thought it was a very shrewd bit of business.
“I’ve never actually worked with him but I’ve come across him a lot with my Irish connections.
“He is a manager I’ve always admired and got a lot of time for.
“Players who have worked with him have always spoken very highly of him.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here