Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Global warming climate change thing.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Seeing that Ford had'nt built the Model T by then and China was an industrial powerhouse,how did the melting of the ice age happen ? How is this not a cycle as opposed to a change ?:facepalm:

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Exactly. Good point. Nobody actually knows for sure. Apart from a handful of people on here who are never wrong.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
My God...you're right! How have those hundreds of professors and world leading scientists not thought of that! I hope to Christ that they read NSC at the UN commission on climate change otherwise they're going to look pretty stupid when it all turns out to be just one of those cycle things.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Those scientists are paid to tell us tha t global warming or climate change is caused by humans. It's their job to. They are hardly going to tell us it isn't. There not going to tell us that it's weather cycles and has been happening since forever. Climate change has become a huge industry with many jobs relying on what the 'scientists' claim.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Whether or not we are the main cause of climate change, I see very little reason to suggest we shouldn't recycle, we shouldn't cut down on energy use and we shouldn't cut down on waste (50% of all food produced going to waste).

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Ford hadn't built the model T by when? Most of the report's conclusions are based on the last 60 years.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Can the human race take all the credit for global warming? Who gives a shit, let's just enjoy it.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Seeing that Ford had'nt built the Model T by then and China was an industrial powerhouse,how did the melting of the ice age happen ? How is this not a cycle as opposed to a change ?:facepalm:

The model T was a car, not a cycle. Western countries used to build their own stuff before letting the Chinese ruin their own immediate environment by taking over heavy industrial trades.

Some of the historic climatic changes have been geological cf Deccan traps and Siberian flows, and little to do with Ford.

But only those with one blind eye and the other stuffed with cork could not see that the burning of fossil fuels etc would be a reason for the rapid warming now being experienced.

Its us wots dunnit, innit.

Methinks.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My God...you're right! How have those hundreds of professors and world leading scientists not thought of that! I hope to Christ that they read NSC at the UN commission on climate change otherwise they're going to look pretty stupid when it all turns out to be just one of those cycle things.

Yes, I always love this argument. The idea that hundreds of scientists who have spent their whole lives studying climate conditions have never heard of the Ice Age is so ludicrous that I'm surprised it even gets aired. Surely just a moment's thought would reveal how nonsensical this is?

Those scientists are paid to tell us tha t global warming or climate change is caused by humans. It's their job to.

You really don't understand how science works, do you?

Climate change has become a huge industry with many jobs relying on what the 'scientists' claim.

Let's have a look at the 20 largest companies in the world and see how many rely on green technologies and how many rely on fossil fuel technologies: ones from the petrochemical, electricity and automotive industries marked in bold, those reliant on alternative technologies in italic.

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Royal Dutch Shell
Exxon Mobil Corporation
China National Petroleum Corporation
Sinopec Group
BP
Saudi Aramco

Vitol
State Grid Corporation of China
Volkswagen Group
Chevron
Total
Toyota

Glencore
Samsung Electronics
E.ON
Japan Post Holdings
Eni
Phillips 66
Gazprom

Yeah, no jobs dependent on oil or gas there ...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Whether or not we are the main cause of climate change, I see very little reason to suggest we shouldn't recycle, we shouldn't cut down on energy use and we shouldn't cut down on waste (50% of all food produced going to waste).

Is the right answer. Most of the sensible environmental actions are fairly painless, logical and useful in many ways. Denying climate change is for lazy people who can't be bothered to live in a more responsible way.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

this is a fair point of view. however, when we are facing economic trouble should we be imposing green taxes, specifically designed to force down consumption by pricing energy upwards? when we are responsible for only 2% of energy, should we be bearing the brunt of efforts to reduce usage?

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Re cycle your bikes, it's cyclical my folks whether you like it or not - make the most of a sunny summer , I did and I caught a prolific number of bass from Ferring beach, got a sun tan and returned to work with a better tan after a week than my brother who spent two weeks in the Greek isles

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Is the right answer. Most of the sensible environmental actions are fairly painless, logical and useful in many ways. Denying climate change is for lazy people who can't be bothered to live in a more responsible way.
This

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
this is a fair point of view. however, when we are facing economic trouble should we be imposing green taxes, specifically designed to force down consumption by pricing energy upwards? when we are responsible for only 2% of energy, should we be bearing the brunt of efforts to reduce usage?

Lets face it though politicians lack the inventiveness and creativity to come up with any other plan to table this issue. We asked for years for them to get onboard and do something to help, and this is the best they can come up with. What this takes in my opinion is for us, the populous to take it upon ourselves to support companies that make environmental choices and offer us sustainable products. We must make the changes we expect of government and corporation and continue lobbying for the changes we need. If you look at it we have come along way in the last 20 years and we must continue. Of course we will feel the pinch and have to change our habits to make things better but there are enough of us who are prepared to do that.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Really, just another excuse to tax us. If you believe otherwise you're deluded. Keep eating your lentils, pulses and boring whatever that makes you traf all day like a trooper.
Hybrid cars, solar panels et al are all expensive bullsh1t. We'll all be dead before the financial benefits are realised anyway.
Calm down hand wringers and face reality or just frack off.
Just deserts eh !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here