Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DO you PHONE people DURING the GAME to wave at THEM ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think IT makes the GAME more interesting to RING people up TO tell them I'm WAVING at them or sometimes I TEXT them to tell them. Does ANYONE else do this ? Maybe we can START a MEXICAN wave doing this on TUESDAY ?

Haha.

I think that's the first time you've made me laugh. WTF are these people thinking of? Ooooh, here. Over here - look I'm waving my arms. Got me? Yep. Nice one. See you soon. Bye.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Haha.

I think that's the first time you've made me laugh. WTF are these people thinking of? Ooooh, here. Over here - look I'm waving my arms. Got me? Yep. Nice one. See you soon. Bye.

I was just about to say something along these lines - this is easily the best Ernest thread ever. Keep it up.

Splendid idea - I will make a "Hello Mum" placard to wave at the next match we attend. There is a chance that it might get filmed and shown on TV or Player. The people behind us will understand.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
A bloke in front of me did this one game last season, never seen him before so assumed it is a JCL habit as they seem to get very excited by it all. I'm not normally offensive but this was in the middle of the first half and he deemed it necessary to stand up and wave while shouting loudly on his phone in true Dom Joly style, everyone around him was sat down. For some reason I blurted out, "FFS sit down you bellend!", he did and never came back for the second half, nor did the shrew faced mutton dressed as lamb that was with him, I assumed they must have found a mountain of uneaten prawn sandwiches and gallons of warm poor quality Fosters to engorge their already fat arses on.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
You can just imagine the conversations:

"Hello"
"Hello"
(Waving) "Can you see me?"
"Er...er....yeah that's you, ALRIGHT" (waves back)
"Haha, see you later"
"Yeah bye"

:facepalm:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A bloke in front of me did this one game last season, never seen him before so assumed it is a JCL habit as they seem to get very excited by it all. I'm not normally offensive but this was in the middle of the first half and he deemed it necessary to stand up and wave while shouting loudly on his phone in true Dom Joly style, everyone around him was sat down. For some reason I blurted out, "FFS sit down you bellend!", he did and never came back for the second half, nor did the shrew faced mutton dressed as lamb that was with him, I assumed they must have found a mountain of uneaten prawn sandwiches and gallons of warm poor quality Fosters to engorge their already fat arses on.

Ha ha, we'll done you I say!! 'twas the only and correct response in the circumstances!

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I think IT makes the GAME more interesting to RING people up TO tell them I'm WAVING at them or sometimes I TEXT them to tell them. Does ANYONE else do this ? Maybe we can START a MEXICAN wave doing this on TUESDAY ?

Can we all have your number so we can text you when we are ready to start the big wave?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter

Harsh but fair. But harsh all the same.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

Wicked post. My mate does this all the time it seems he gets more excited doing this than watching the football. Up in his seat waving like gully the lot!

:lol:

big hilda

Feb 13, 2013

This will be frowned UPON, officially. Unofficially, I will be waving whilst calling stewards on my walkie talkie. Just do it sitting down alright?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here