Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

XBMC TV Boxes

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Free Sky/BT sports, any movie you can think off in full HD 1080p, UK/foreign live stream channels, men channels and much more. My mate told me to get rid off my sky package and get one.

Has anyone brought/seen one of these?

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
You can get xbmc media centre as a download for pc. You then install add ons, (Ice Films for movies, various others for sport etc). Google it for more details.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Yea i get the installation and got it on my pc at home. Im liking the idea of being able to take the box with me when i go away which i do alot. I was just interested to know if anyone has got a TV Box.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
It's not as good as it sounds. I have it on a jailbroken Apple TV. It might just be that I didn't set it up right but mine is very slow, poor image and most of the links are dead or die half way through watching streams. I cancelled sky sports for it and the regretted it and ate humble pie with Virgin a few weeks later.
As I said I may have installed it incorrectly but I didn't rate it.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I dont have a problem on my pc with it but dont want to watch football/movies in the spare room on a 19" monitor so considering purchasing one for the front room and kids can take it in the bedrooms as well as taking it away with me. Can stop paying for Netflix as well.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Free Sky/BT sports, any movie you can think off in full HD 1080p, UK/foreign live stream channels, men channels and much more. My mate told me to get rid off my sky package and get one.

Has anyone brought/seen one of these?

I have seen two and they were both useless, think watching a dodgy stream and thats if you could find one/pick it up.

I have a dreambox, £260 for ALL the channels and everything needed for installation, I then pay a further £60 per year to keep it going. I got it through a friend mate who owns a company installing these things and I am not to sure if it is strictly legal or not as it is very cheap. But it works so I dont bother to ask.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
All the info you will require is on Farnell Electronics website via the Raspberry Pi section. Here in Spain we are all looking at, & some already using this alternative to Sky that we may/may not lose soon. As to me [as an oldie] it goes way over my head, however someone has set the system up for me [outlay under £50] to use on second TV. As long as you have broadband minimum 2mb [not always available here] it will work. Please don't ask technical questions because I couldn't answer them, however so much tech info is available. Start with Farnell & go from there.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
**Bumping this old thread**

Have these boxes grown in popularity over the last year or so, does anyone use XBMC through a box or any other way to watch tv shows or what not? I have xbmc installed on my jailbroken ipad and am thinking of getting Apple Tv to show this on my tv. should I just get an apple TV 2 and install straight to the box or is it better on an ipad? Do other boxes work better for this kind of thing? I have seen Firetv is out and can support XBMC?

I would use it mainly to watch tv shows and maybe films on demand through like mashup or icefilms. Football streaming would be good but have a friends Sky Go so I guess could use this through the apple tv anyway?

Any help appreciated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here