Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Away

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Driving up tonight and staying over. Anyone recommend decent pubs for drinking tomorrow near to the station and ground.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
riverside hotel by the station and punch and judy a few roads away. we should be in the riverside by 12ish.

Thanks. Meeting my son half twelve at station so will head for one of those.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If The Riverside is that pub opposite the station with the stairs that lead down to the garden, it is an absolute HOVEL.
I felt I needed a shower after leaving it.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
If The Riverside is that pub opposite the station with the stairs that lead down to the garden, it is an absolute HOVEL.
I felt I needed a shower after leaving it.

Thanks for tip off!

braintree

Jan 12, 2010
The ground is nice and central to town. I also recommend the The Black Horse (IP1 2EF), we'll be there pre-game, it's got a big beer garden/car park to spill out onto if the weather is good. Post game avoid the Curve Bar (soulless bar for home fans, with bouncers on the door etc), we'll probably be heading into town a bit to The Swan (IP1 1EG) for a couple. As per other comments the pub next to the station for away fans is dreadful. Mannings is also a nice small pub in the centre of town.

braintree

Jan 12, 2010
The Black Horse is near the police station. Not quite in the same league of dumps as the pub by the station. Oddly one year I recall it playing back to back heavy rock. We're usually in the beer garden so don't spend long in the pub itself!

braintree

Jan 12, 2010
Great - thanks for your own extensive list of recommended places to drink, both pre and post match.

IfieldBlue

Apr 17, 2012
Not going to share them, quite happy to have a few beers with the people I am travelling with.

But this amazing thing called Google and the search term 'Ipswich Pubs' will give you some options...

quite right. trace some options on line, then phone the place to make sure away are welcome. simples...

braintree

Jan 12, 2010
Thanks for the google tip off, is that some sort of new search engine? The next time anyone starts a thread asking for recommendations, advice or opinions on anything, just you should just put a link to google and declare the thread closed. Or alternatively just don't post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here