Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nobody to fear

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
After a terrible pre season & an average start to this season my expectations are beginning to rise.

Whith the absence of notable additions to the squad & a lengthy injury list the season didn't begin too well.

If we can stay in touch with the top six over the next month or so we will be real contenders when we are back to full strength.

There are not many teams in our league who can cope without 5 first team players & still compete.

Bruno
Orlandi
Bridcutt
Cms
Hoskins

If we can get them back playing then we have as good a squad as anybody this season from what I have seen this season.

Thoughts

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Define your phrase 1st teamer? Hoskins has rarely started a game for us!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I agree but we have had very able replacements. We will be stronger when they are back but the key missing parts are Ulloa and Orlandi. We have an embarrassment of riches in CMF and I see little to chose between Bruno and Calderon. Hoskins doesn't count. Nor am I sure how or if, both Ulloa and CMS can be accommodated in same team.

Very confident about this season, but it is the Championship and will always be something of a lottery

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Define your phrase 1st teamer? Hoskins has rarely started a game for us!

To coin a phrase it's not how you start it's how you finish.

I agree with you about Hoskins but also believe he has ability & wasn't given a chance under poyet.

We have played the top 2 in our league & haven't conceeded a goal against either team.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I only count 2 first teamers there, the more important stat for me is 5 games unbeaten including away to QPR and Reading. That form puts us pretty high up the table.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
IMHO the crunch games will be the remaining away games against our rivals like eg Forest, Watford, Leicester. We have already done well away at Reading and QPR so are doing nicely and I don't think we should fear anyone else.

If anything we can be our own worst enemy by conceding silly late goals and drawing too many games especially with lower ranked teams, which I hope we eradicate. Certainly Oscar has a plan B and shows more attacking intent for 90 mins, so there won't be too much parking the bus like Gus did.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you can play out a creditable draw away against the runaway division leaders then there IS no one to fear. I'm looking forward to seeing the return of Bridcutt and CMS, I fancy we could batter a few sides with a fully-fut starting XI.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'm not getting worked up about automatic promotion or even a play-off berth. But I agree with the OP: we should fear nobody in this division. Of course there will be slip-ups along the way, silly goals conceded, injuries and suspensions. But we do have a squad that oozes quality and lots of Championship experience, and a quality manager who isn't being weighed down with crazy expectations. I would say we were worth an outside bet.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here