Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bargain TV for sale at Costco....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I wouldn't pay that much for a TV that only has 2 HDMI 1.4a inputs. Most TV's are sporting 3 or 4 HDMI inputs (one with ARC) and the newest HDMI spec is now 2.0 which supports 18Gb/sec bandwith whereas 1.4a is a mere 10Gb/sec.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I wouldn't pay that much for a TV that only has 2 HDMI 1.4a inputs. Most TV's are sporting 3 or 4 HDMI inputs (one with ARC) and the newest HDMI spec is now 2.0 which supports 18Gb/sec bandwith whereas 1.4a is a mere 10Gb/sec.

Surely, if you bought that BEAST, you would have a dogs bollocks Home Cinema system that would have all the HDMI's going into the amp, with one out to the TV?

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Surely, if you bought that BEAST, you would have a dogs bollocks Home Cinema system that would have all the HDMI's going into the amp, with one out to the TV?

Is the correct answer. If you have 600k to spunk on a TV I imagine it would be a purpose built cinema for instance where you would only need a DVD player and possibly a games console. You probably wouldn't use it daily to watch Eastenders in Sky's finest HD!!

More to the point, HD content is still somewhat limited.....there won't be anything in SuperHD for aaaaaaaaaaages.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It's a plasma tv so prone to screen burning, sadly that stops me buying one (gutted)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The problem with that is all the HDMI inputs into the amp will be version 2.0 compliant and the HDMI out to the TV the same but the TV HDMI input will only be able to process at version 1.4a bandwidth parameters. The TV HDMI inputs would need either a firmware update (either done online or over the air) if the HDMI chipset is fast enough or a hardware upgrade if the HDMI input board has to be swapped out.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Unless I'm reading that wrong, it says the price includes FOUR men ???

Bargain then :clap2:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Unless I'm reading that wrong, it says the price includes FOUR men ???

Bargain then :clap2:

Because it weighs so much a survey is needed to see if the floor in you house is strong enough to support it and there is a solid wall to place it up against. They actually use a hoist to manoeuvre it from the delivery truck and into the house and then to the room where it will be positioned.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here