Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Andrews in for Ince possibly....

Kuszczak

Calderon~Upson~Greer~Ward

Dave~Andrews~Crofts

Buckley~Barnes~Lualua​

Not sure how far away our injured players are from playing again, I did ask Insider and got a nothing reply, but I'm guessing those I've chosen are fit to start. Perhaps Ince will play instead of a winger to give us more of a defensive look for an away game. I dunno, its exciting.

Football.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Have we sold many tickets?... not much blurb on here about it, this usually indicates a low turnout.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
--------------------PIG-----------------------
Calde------Greer-----Upson-----------Ward

--------JFC-----Andrews---------crofts

Buckley-----------Barnes-----------Conway

= :goal:

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
--------------------PIG-----------------------
Calde------Greer-----Upson-----------Ward

--------JFC-----Andrews---------crofts

Buckley-----------Barnes-----------Conway

= :goal:

Caskey is still injured. Kemy is back though apparently.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
-----------Kush-----------
-----Greer------Upson---
Calde------------------Ward
------------Ince-----------
----Andrews-----Crofts--
Buckley--------------LuaLua
-----------Barnes--------

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Andrews for Ince, Kemy for JFC, and I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped an out and out winger from the starting line up, for SD.

Front 6:-

.......Andrews
SD Kemy Crofts Buckley
........Barnes.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Kuszcsak
Calderon - Greer - Upson - Ward
Andrews - Ince - Crofts
Buckley - Barnes - LuaLua

Ankergren, Bruno, El-Abd, Agustien, David, Conway, Dickenson

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
ororThis is very attacking for an away game but not many other options possbly Agustein or Conway for either Buckley or Lua Lua

I'm not so sure it is. A central 3 of Ince, Crofts and Andrews gives us a solid base and Lua Lua's been doing well defensively recently.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ipswich are no mugs.
There seems to be a lot of selections that'll sit comfortably v Weds :)lol:) on Tuesday, not at a tricky away game.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The Meades will be there.
I wouldn't mind keeping the front 3 of Barnes, Buckles and LuaLua. A strong enough two-man defensive midfield should allow them to roam a little with one other centre midfielder offering a little support. I am still uncomfortable when seeing Croftsy in the starting line-up, but our options are few and perhaps his eagerness and movement could be to our advantage even if his touch and real penetration are limited. Agustien isn't up to it all yet and Spanish Dave is yet to reach form, although he looked a bit more up for it against Bolton as the game went one. Maybe i'd go for an Ince, Andrews and Spanish Dave midfield triangle after all, but doubt Crofts will suddenly be dropped, so it's likely Crofts, Andrews and Spanish Dave.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The Meades will be there.
I wouldn't mind keeping the front 3 of Barnes, Buckles and LuaLua. A strong enough two-man defensive midfield should allow them to roam a little with one other centre midfielder offering a little support. I am still uncomfortable when seeing Croftsy in the starting line-up, but our options are few and perhaps his eagerness and movement could be to our advantage even if his touch and real penetration are limited. Agustien isn't up to it all yet and Spanish Dave is yet to reach form, although he looked a bit more up for it against Bolton as the game went one. Maybe i'd go for an Ince, Andrews and Spanish Dave midfield triangle after all, but doubt Crofts will suddenly be dropped, so it's likely Crofts, Andrews and Spanish Dave.

I think Crofts has been much improved this season, but I know what you mean. He isn't the most exciting player and can go missing in games. All that said I think he is the most likely of our 'defensive midfielders' to score goals so there are pros and cons.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think Crofts has been much improved this season, but I know what you mean. He isn't the most exciting player and can go missing in games. All that said I think he is the most likely of our 'defensive midfielders' to score goals so there are pros and cons.
He's a goal threat from corners and free kicks with his heading.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
-----------Kush-----------
-----Greer------Upson---
Calde------------------Ward
------------Ince-----------
----Andrews-----Crofts--
Buckley--------------LuaLua
-----------Barnes--------

I'd go with this.

As for others getting a mention:

No way Kemy can start, he was unfit before injury so needs time
Dave has been hopeless and maybe the bench will send him a much needed message
Conway can't oust Buckley or KLL both who did well last time out

2 wide men is ambitious but think Barnes needs it more than Ulloa and both can play more centrally (although kind of average) if needed

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
----------------- Kush ----------------
Calderon -- Greer -- Upson -- Ward
--- Andrews --- Ince ---- Crofts ----
Buckley --------------------- Lua Lua
-------------- Barnes ----------------

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
He was supposed to be back in full training after the international break over 2 weeks ago. I was really surprised that he wasn't on the bench against Bolton.

Hasn't reached full fitness yet. Apparently set to appear I a behind closed doors match.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here