Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beard experts out there I need your advice...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Right so I'm into my 4th week nearly and the beard is growing through a gudun. Ive been meaning to grown one for years but am now going through the pain barrier of itchiness and shall I shave it off etc etc I've got this far so would rather keep it. Any fellow beard wearers out there have any advice on the next stage as I'm nervous to start shaping the bad boy just yet

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Right so I'm into my 4th week nearly and the beard is growing through a gudun. Ive been meaning to grown one for years but am now going through the pain barrier of itchiness and shall I shave it off etc etc I've got this far so would rather keep it. Any fellow beard wearers out there have any advice on the next stage as I'm nervous to start shaping the bad boy just yet

Nervous or not, it's off to Boots for a beard trimmer time. You will never want to shave again.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It'll be worth it. I don't have a 'big' beard, but when i feel the need to shave then i have a small trimmer then i just Grade or 2 it, then leave it for a while.

I'm not allows to be clean shaven anymore, the Mrs doesn't like it...i end up looking 12.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Invest in a good quality trimmer. There are plenty of cheapo shit jobs about but it is well worth laying the money down on a proper set of clippers like your barber would use.

Trust me, it'll pay off in the long run.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I have quite a beard at the moment, been growing it since about April this year and have only just discovered the joy of blow drying said beard after a shower. Quite magnificent.
Ps keep growing that behemoth and ignore the itchiness...that's never bothered me ever.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
When I left the RAF in 1975 i grew a beard because after 15 years of mandatory shaving I thought I would have 15 years of no shaving. My wife then said" If you shave it off I will divorce you "
Definitely invest in a quality beard trimmer.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I like to have a bit of a stubbly beardy thing going on - went for the full blown Jesus once, wife wasn't impressed

Cannot be clean shaven - feels cold

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
If you can't grow a full Grizzly Adams at 17, you need to accept that you are probably a metrosexual and figure out how to smuggle your hair straighteners past the stewards at the Amex.

Grizzly_Adams.jpg

See Buzzer for advice.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Whilst on the subject does anyone have any advice for my wife's beard.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here