Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sending a fax

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How do I send a fax from my pc on windows xp or laptop with windows 7. I have a Cannon pixma 495 printer advice would be gratefully received. I googled this but it just listed e fax which I have to sgn up for and may never send another one as it is an old antiquated means.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Print document via the Pixma 495 and attach as shown.

how-to-return-a-lost-pigeon.WideSmall.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Do the people to whom you wish to send this not have an e-mail account you could simply send the document or whatever to as an attachment?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A fax?

Bloody hell, do people still use those?!

I need to contact a company and using their e mail contact all it does is raise a new case no which I already but doesn't allow me the facility to send a standard e mail. Tried ringing and after joining a switchboard redirection and waiting 20 minutes I received a message nobody is available to answer your call please call back. So no option really and as you say nobody uses them so dont want o sign up just to send one fax. It looks like I will have to go to the library and send it, but thought that I may be able to do it from home.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Go to the Amex - Tell them who you are and ask if you can send a fax from their machine. I am sure they will let you. :)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Don't bother, you'll need to get a modem working to send it in the way you're trying. Either send an e-mail or print it off and fax it from the library, it'll be much quicker than arsing about with your PC.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Get your hands on a time machine and go back to 1992, should have no problems then.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Facsimile's are still rife in my office. Due to our antiquated PCs it's the only way to send orders to suppliers.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Carrier Pigeon?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here