Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I have to say that apart from our games with Palace at the Amex i really look forward to our home games with Leeds. This season our match falls on a saturday with them but sadly the same day as the 4th round of the FA cup. I can't see both clubs losing in the 3rd round..

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Not exactly far to travel though is it.

Really?
I wouldn't want to walk it, ... and neither would you.

What is particularly impressive is that level of away support for a Mickey Mouse competition.

I'm really not bothered that we are already out of it, and I do genuinely mean that.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If the 6000 figure is correct, then that is impressive.
Would we take 6000 to Fulham for example for a midweek match in the cup ?

We wouldn't. That is why, despite how painful it is for many on here, they are a bigger club.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If the 6000 figure is correct, then that is impressive.
Would we take 6000 to Fulham for example for a midweek match in the cup ?

No but we may to Arsenal or Tottenham. It's about an hour and a half drive from Leeds to Newcastle and probably less on the train so not asking too much really.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We wouldn't. That is why, despite how painful it is for many on here, they are a bigger club.

They are much bigger than us. I would probably put them in the top 6 in this country.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
miles and miles bigger than us,amazing support every week,that is a fact,anyone that disagrees hasnt a scooby3

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
No but we may to Arsenal or Tottenham. It's about an hour and a half drive from Leeds to Newcastle and probably less on the train so not asking too much really.
Leeds to Newcastle has to be at least 100 miles, an equivalent of us say to Northampton.
Newcastle is not that an great attraction for an evening game in the Capital One Cup.
If we played Southampton tonight in the same round which is a distance of around 70 miles, how many do you think we would of took ?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Leeds to Newcastle has to be at least 100 miles, an equivalent of us say to Northampton.
Newcastle is not that an great attraction for an evening game in the Capital One Cup.
If we played Southampton tonight in the same round which is a distance of around 70 miles, how many do you think we would of took ?

no more than 2500,depending on price imo

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Not exactly far to travel though is it.

That comment reminds me of a colleague (a Blackburn fan) when I worked in Lancashire. Knowing I was an Albion fan, he asked me who we were playing that weekend. "Plymouth" I replied. "Oh, so a local derby then."

Yes, Ray. Just like a match between Blackburn and Reading would be a local derby (approximately the same distance as Brighton to Plymouth). :facepalm:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What a massive huge club such a huge history of awesomeness and no doubt as they have taken 6000 away to a big premiership club they are one of the biggest clubs in the world. I wish we had attendances like theirs :( one day....

I hate Leeds, if there's one team I hope lose after Palace is those deluded, history obsessed chavy northern shitheads. Comprende.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
remember Leeds have alot of support in Yorkshire

Sheffield being in the South of the county,alot of towns in West & North Yorkshire follow Leeds

still,you can't knock 6k midweek 'it's a very good turn out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here