Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Home game v Watford, Mon Oct 28, to be shown on tv

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The Football League ‏@football_league 41s
TV SELECTION: Brighton & Hove Albion v Watford has been selected by @SkySports for live coverage on Mon 28 Oct (7:45pm KO) #TVgame

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The game has been moved, presumably

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Going to be a nice 9 day break after the Yeovil game then. Time doesn't bother me since it was going to be an evening game anyway.

I just booked the original Friday off work - bit short notice than usual, perhaps Sky are missing the Amex.

Game was on Friday 25th, but NOT on TV - moved due to a Uni open day.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Noooooo

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Shame really - I like Friday night games

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Nooooooooooooooo. I have planned a whole evening around the friday night game. mother ****ing *****, ****ing piss flaps, shit bollocking feltching arsewipes at the FA and SKY. **** OFF.

:censored:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
V annoying. Was going to take dad in his 80th birthday week. Grrr!

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
FFS Sky

Not happy.. Got some friends coming down for the weekend so bought them a pair of tickets. Going to have to see about getting a refund now :-(

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
No consideration for the fans as usual!

Booked hotel for Friday and Saturday nights - now will have to rearrange or comedown on Monday as well and book a one nighter otherwise be a bad fan and watch it on Sky

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You know its over a month away right?

In this instance, it doesn't make too much difference for travelling fans (or rather the issue of moving from Friday to Monday will be the same for everyone), but in some cases matches are moved AFTER fans have bought cheaper trains tickets in advance.

BTW - I quite like Friday night matches - leave work, have a pint, watch the Albion, sulk, have your weekend starting in town afterwards.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
What an absolute crock of shit this is. And I say that as someone who on paper will benefit, as I now won't have to book a night off work whereas I would have done previously.

But I'd far rather have the atmosphere of a Friday night game in front of a decent crowd, instead of which now the atmosphere will be flatter, a fair few supporters from further afield or who are working might not be able to make it, and the fact it's on TV will keep the crowd down anyway.

(Apparently that week is half term, which I guess is a small silver lining for some people and may help to some degree)

But I still resent how much the TV companies ride roughshod over the supporters and dictate all our arrangements.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I have 8 mates who will now not be going.

hopefully Lewes or another local club are at home on the Saturday now. otherwise the meet up of a friends will be without football.

for the last two seasons we have arranged a weekend over the friday game, very annoyed about this. Friday night games are usually brilliant too as everyone is ready for the weekend and the atmosphere is generally a little bit more lively.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What an absolute crock of shit this is. And I say that as someone who on paper will benefit, as I now won't have to book a night off work whereas I would have done previously.

But I'd far rather have the atmosphere of a Friday night game in front of a decent crowd, instead of which now the atmosphere will be flatter, a fair few supporters from further afield or who are working might not be able to make it, and the fact it's on TV will keep the crowd down anyway.

(Apparently that week is half term, which I guess is a small silver lining for some people and may help to some degree)

But I still resent how much the TV companies ride roughshod over the supporters and dictate all our arrangements.

Agree with you Edna, but would the club also not have to agree to this..... kerching !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here