Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Pub in Brighton and Hove.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Is there any worse than the "Whistle Stop" on Boundary Road. £4.10 for a pint of Stella!! It's not as if i'm paying for the ambiance or the fit bird behind the jump to look at.

£4.10 in that Karzi......... I'm still shaking my head in disbelief

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Lion and Lobster. While generally regarded as being one of Brighton's best pubs it is full of (unts.

Oct 25, 2003
The Lion and Lobster. While generally regarded as being one of Brighton's best pubs it is full of (unts.

my main problem with that place is that it is often absolutely packed, particularly at the weekends, and they don't seem to let anyone sit in their 'restaurant' bit which is almost always empty at that time

who's going out for dinner at 11pm?!

and their 'outside' bit which everyone bangs on about for some reason is pretty mediocre isn't it?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
The North Lanes (formerly The Gloucester nightclub.) Went in there and perused the ales, and my eyes landed upon an ESB. Not Fullers of course, but a weak usurper of 4.8% SG, and nearly fainted when quoted £4.90 a pint! :ohmy: :ohmy:

You can have a pint of the real stuff (5.7% :love: ) behind the place in The Basketmakers, or the K&Q for a nicker less :mad:

theboybilly

I think we're blessed with decent pubs in Brighton and Hove and I struggle to think of a bad 'un (apart from a couple frequented by the younger lot such as what used to be the Bosun) but the Whistle Stop is so uninviting I've never ventured in there. I can imagine it's all Stella, John Smiths, pool and sticky floors. Urggh!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
my main problem with that place is that it is often absolutely packed, particularly at the weekends, and they don't seem to let anyone sit in their 'restaurant' bit which is almost always empty at that time

who's going out for dinner at 11pm?!

and their 'outside' bit which everyone bangs on about for some reason is pretty mediocre isn't it?

It is pretty shoddy outside, if you can even squeeze through the door to get out there. I have been a few times, a few years ago I had some good nights in there but last 6 years or so it rammed full of boozed up theatre types and Brighton's hippest. Ghastly place.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The North Lanes (formerly The Gloucester nightclub.) Went in there and perused the ales, and my eyes landed upon an ESB. Not Fullers of course, but a weak usurper of 4.8% SG, and nearly fainted when quoted £4.90 a pint! :ohmy: :ohmy:

You can have a pint of the real stuff (5.7% :love: ) behind the place in The Basketmakers, or the K&Q for a nicker less :mad:

Sometimes the price is justified though. I have had pints well over the cost of £4.90 before.

Oct 25, 2003

north laine

sorry, someone was going to do it sooner or later...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sometimes the price is justified though. I have had pints well over the cost of £4.90 before.

Sorry, but how can ANY pint be justified when its north of £4.90 ?

I paid £4.40 for a pint of Kronenbourg in The Fiddlers Elbow a few months back, and felt DEEPLY resentful for the rest of the week.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Bat & Ball opposite the level has some shall we say neanderthal types stood outside so much so I dare not go inside, and I have drunk in some dives all over this world.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I was just about to say the Stadium, but on discussing this with work mates, apparently it has now been shut down completely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here