Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst meal you've had out and about?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Mine was a macaroni cheese at Hove Kitchen. I was a bit hungover, in need of comfort food, prepared for me and prepared well. Thought Hove Kitchen would satisfy me. Watched in anticipation as my girlfriend's delicious looking chicken and pepper dish arrived before mine. Then a plate of watery, grey, "cheese" sauce with a few undercooked bits of pasta swilling around in the muck. Took one mouthful and sent it back. They didn't offer me another dish, just didn't charge me. I left my other half eating her meal and returned 10n mins later with the biggest **** off burger, dripping in meaty fat and sauces and sat back down at the table and ate my decent meal.

Macaroni cheese? It was the worst meal I have (almost) had not just because it was grim but because they genuinely thought they had nailed the macaroni cheese thing in a wanky, Hove, better than the rest way.

Anyway. Yours?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Mistake for going to Hove Kitchen in the first place.

Fail on your part there Nibs.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Mistake for going to Hove Kitchen in the first place.

Fail on your part there Nibs.

I had a c.unt of a girlfriend at the time who thought this place and drinking espresso perched on an undersized wooden stool outside Small Batch was the last word in sophistication.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rouen, France. After travelling all day and being desperate for a nice simple meal, I was still hunting round an hour later for something on a menu that didn't involve stews, snails, sauteed goats testicles, pheasants liver or chickens feet. Settled on a small restaurant that had a beefburger amongst its mains, so I ordered that. And asked if I could have it "with a slice of cheese please ? You know, cheese ?....errr, fromage...?"

The waiter looked at me like I'd just fingered his sister. He said "non", and off he went. The burger, when it came, was grey and greasy. The roll was stone cold. The "side salad" comprised of some red onion and what looked like an uncooked aubergine. French fries ?? Hah, not on your nelly. Utter shite. It was the only time in my life I can actually remember wishing I could find a McDonalds.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The Parsonage in Tarring. It's got such a good reputation but the night I went there the chef must have been pissed or they had a YTS kid on trial cos the food was awful.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I really do not want to say this but The Raj Pavilion on Saturday was pretty rank, and so was my intestines the next day. This unfortunately was not for the first time either, and a couple of us went to give the place another go, but it has failed dismally. A definite shame, as once the place was smashing.

For good food, albeit simple, just go down the road to the Land's End.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Baltic inn Ponthenry Carmarthen worst service worst meal and worst of all they had the cheek to charge us for it even after complaining

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Jaaflong Tandoori restaurant in Ferring, absolutely rank.

Been meaning to go there, won't bother now, cheers! :thumbsup:

My worst meal ever was only a couple of weeks ago, an Indian called "Noories" in Broadwater. I cannot describe what was wrong with it, but it was pure rank. I plumped for a dupiaza (safe choice I always go for when on my first visit to a curry house) and it came out all sloppy and watery, but that aside I can't really put my finger on what was wrong with it. It was just foul.

It didn't taste like curry for a start, let alone a specific dish! The rice was alright though. And the poppadoms.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Been meaning to go there, won't bother now, cheers! :thumbsup:

My worst meal ever was only a couple of weeks ago, an Indian called "Noories" in Broadwater. I cannot describe what was wrong with it, but it was pure rank. I plumped for a dupiaza (safe choice I always go for when on my first visit to a curry house) and it came out all sloppy and watery, but that aside I can't really put my finger on what was wrong with it. It was just foul.

It didn't taste like curry for a start, let alone a specific dish! The rice was alright though. And the poppadoms.

Had a similar excuse for a curry in Weymouth a few years back. When people get curry wrong they can get it REALLY wrong.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
I really do not want to say this but The Raj Pavilion on Saturday was pretty rank, and so was my intestines the next day. This unfortunately was not for the first time either, and a couple of us went to give the place another go, but it has failed dismally. A definite shame, as once the place was smashing.

For good food, albeit simple, just go down the road to the Land's End.

All I ever hear is good things about The Raj Pavillion - I've been twice. Always been horrible and ridiculously salty. Will not be going anywhere near it again.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Coalshed - Admittedly, I chose a burger, but fug me it was probably the most disappointed I've ever been with food. That place is emperors new clothes for me....

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
The chalk pit offam

Pie served upside down pastry like soggy newspaper and microwaved to an inch of its life.

Appalling place.

Also the curry in noori is never good no matter how many beers you have had.
Sh1t service. Paper table cloths and waiter with attitude

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was in a restaurant in Vigo, Spain, about 8 years ago and dined. It's a port town, so the majority of grub is flappy with gills or tentacles. I had learnt in Santander earlier in the week that when i ask for a vegetarian sandwich they'll spread tuna on it, so i had to repeat NO CARNE NO PESCADO when ordering. In this place in Vigo i said just that and received a confused and filthy look from the hairy-cheeked server. He went off puzzled and ending up bringing over a plate of boiled leeks with a this-is-all-we-have-for-you shrug. I opened a floury bap or two and had some leek dogs, a dish yet to take off globally.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
A weatherspoons burger at the NEC, £9 for a really small cold burger and 6 chips, didn't even get a pint with it like in most spoons

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I was in a restaurant in Vigo, Spain, about 8 years ago and dined. It's a port town, so the majority of grub is flappy with gills or tentacles. I had learnt in Santander earlier in the week that when i ask for a vegetarian sandwich they'll spread tuna on it, so i had to repeat NO CARNE NO PESCADO when ordering. In this place in Vigo i said just that and received a confused and filthy look from the hairy-cheeked server. He went off puzzled and ending up bringing over a plate of boiled leeks with a this-is-all-we-have-for-you shrug. I opened a floury bap or two and had some leek dogs, a dish yet to take off globally.

Spain isnt the place to be vegetarian. Was in Galicia (pontevedra) earlier this year and the food was gorgeous but very rich and no veg really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here