Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes Road speed limit

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The new bus lane comes into effect at the end of this month. Also they are making the entire length from the A27 junction into the BP giratory a 30mph speed limit. But at the moment there is a 40 sign at the A27 A270 junction but the 30mph sign at the railway bridge is missing. In theory it is 40 all the way in!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They'll change all the signage when the new speed cameras are up and running.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The new bus lane comes into effect at the end of this month. Also they are making the entire length from the A27 junction into the BP giratory a 30mph speed limit. But at the moment there is a 40 sign at the A27 A270 junction but the 30mph sign at the railway bridge is missing. In theory it is 40 all the way in!

I'm not sure that you are right, would you be able to do that run at 40mph by the speed camera just to check ?

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
I'm not sure that you are right, would you be able to do that run at 40mph by the speed camera just to check ?

Vegster, Love your signature. Is it a reference to something? I think it would make one of the best "first lines" in a book ever!!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Vegster, Love your signature. Is it a reference to something? I think it would make one of the best "first lines" in a book ever!!

Without looking it up, I'd say that Vegster's sig is a quote from Ripping Yarns - imagine hearing it spoken by Michael Palin.

:)

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
Sounds right but when I googled it, it led straight back here to another thread

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Without looking it up, I'd say that Vegster's sig is a quote from Ripping Yarns - imagine hearing it spoken by Michael Palin.

:)

Is the correct answer :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought it was going to be a 20mph zone? Did I just get confused or have they changed their minds?

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Well judging by the queues that have started in the last week it will be very difficult to do 20mph, I read somewhere that part of the reasons behind the scheme were to cut congestion and pollution, no chance.

theboybilly

I think I might start cycling to the game. I've tried most routes on my 125cc scooter and it can be 'fun' once you get anywhere near the Amex, either 'filtering' along the Lewes Road or over the hill from Woodingdean. Is the cycle parking reasonably secure?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here