Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet faces competition from Sussex man for Black Cats job [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Poyet faces competition from Sussex man for Black Cats job[/h]9:26am Wednesday 25th September 2013 in Albion
2571830.jpg
Gus Poyet is red-hot favourite for the Sunderland job
Gus Poyet faces competition from a Sussex man for the Sunderland manager’s job.
Former Albion boss Poyet has emerged as the red-hot favourite for the Stadium of Light vacancy according to reports.
The Sun claim today Poyet has told the Black Cats he is their man if they want him and his odds have shortened to as low as 1/5 to take over following the sacking of Paolo Di Canio.

MORE:

Poyet, 45, who was axed by Albion in June for gross misconduct, reportedly pulled out of a speaking event at the County Ground last night ahead of Swindon’s Capital One Cup clash with Chelsea, fuelling speculation he is closing in on the job in the North East.
But he could face competition from Sunderland’s interim manager Kevin Ball, who has thrown his hat in the ring after guiding the Black Cats to a 2-0 win over Peterborough last night in the Capital One Cup third round.
Hastings-born Ball, who runs the club’s under-21 side, has admitted he would love the job.
Ball, 48, said: “Anybody who is anybody would like to be considered for it. In the sense of what I have done as a coach or a player and not only that, my qualifications I have gone out and got as a coach, I would like to be considered.
“But ultimately, that's the club's decision and I would go with that, whether it was me or someone else, they would have my full support.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here