Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This NEWS will make some EXPLODE - Falmer station closed....

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
'Sustainable transport' obviously isn't a part of the permission process for music festivals.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Total bloody joke; Souther Rail Surrender Monkey white flag waving shitters. Would not happen here I can tell you. And as for the crap over Xmas and the new year we are having new u-bahn, s-bahn and tram line built to service the new Hauptbahnhof and everything (roads, rail, trams) is still running whilst this is going on in the centre of the city. No shut downs here. And I can assure you this will be mentioned when I land at Gatwick over the Xmas period.

Southern Rail: Vee Hav Vays of Making you Walk!

There you go Ernest, I know you were expecting this. I await Tony Meola's Loan Spell's post :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
'Sustainable transport' obviously isn't a part of the permission process for music festivals.

Sustainable transport, any transport more like.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Should be called chavfest judging by the people at Brighton station. Did these kids look in the mirror before they left this morning ?

Not a good look kids

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Total bloody joke; Souther Rail Surrender Monkey white flag waving shitters. Would not happen here I can tell you. And as for the crap over Xmas and the new year we are having new u-bahn, s-bahn and tram line built to service the new Hauptbahnhof and everything (roads, rail, trams) is still running whilst this is going on in the centre of the city. No shut downs here. And I can assure you this will be mentioned when I land at Gatwick over the Xmas period.

There you go Ernest, I know you were expecting this. I await Tony Meola's Loan Spell's post :smile:

They are closed on the request of Sussex Police.

Carry on.....

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Ernest, has got the times slightly wrong. Falmer and Moulescoomb are closed from 9pm this evening. Then open in the day tomorrow, but closed from 5pm til the close of service.

MuppetMaestro

Apr 22, 2013

Just got back from Berlin a month ago, and on the weekend I was there, there were a few stations closed on the S5. Biesdorf etc.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
But it is still a joke whoever requested the closure.

Who knows, probably no one was willing to stump up the rather large bill for the policing costs, lots of drunk people on one side of the A27 with Falmer on the other side isnt a great recipe. Although there is going to be a free frequent shuttle back to Old Steine until 1AM.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who knows, probably no one was willing to stump up the rather large bill for the policing costs, lots of drunk people on one side of the A27 with Falmer on the other side isnt a great recipe. Although there is going to be a free frequent shuttle back to Old Steine until 1AM.

I still think it's sad that the shutters come down at the first whiff of a challenge. I personally think it speaks volumes for the UK rail industry as a whole these days; the punters are the last consideration.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008

On a side note, Whats it like living in Berlin in the Winter I heard it can be bitterly cold!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hands are tied if the Police say you cant open, screws over those unaffected by Shakedown too.

Can they actually do this though? Do they have the authority to inform businesses when the can and cannot open? I know there is legislation in place for pubs, and they advise the football licensing people but train stations? Are you sure they have the power to do this?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On a side note, Whats it like living in Berlin in the Winter I heard it can be bitterly cold!

Bloody freezing with long periods of sub-zero temperature. Whilst the UK has freezing weather it generally goes above zero during the day at some point . When it stays below zero for weeks on end and never goes above it is a very different feeling; everything feels very very cold. It was down to -12 at its worst last winter. But, the long warm stable summer is the trade off!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just got back from Berlin a month ago, and on the weekend I was there, there were a few stations closed on the S5. Biesdorf etc.

Sssssssssh! And don't mention the new airport either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here