Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If poyet gets the Sunderland job

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If gus gets the Sunderland job which I am not sure he will considering the similarities between his sacking & de canio's.

Will he try to prize bridcutt & Leo away from the Amex in January,I would be very suprised if he didn't.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't see any similarities with the Di Canio sacking. It was because of a player revolt in his case.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Does FFP mean that Sunderland have to sell some players first before buying anymore?
I thought the whole point of FFP was to stop the spend, spend, spend, mentality of some chairman / clubs?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Sure I heard this morning that Sunderland were the 8th highest spenders in the league, I'm sure there will be some room for changes who ever goes there and money to spend in January.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Will he try to prize bridcutt & Leo away from the Amex in January,I would be very suprised if he didn't.

Would Bridcutt want to play for him again now that he has seen another way other than the Gus way?

Does Bridcutt want to just have a job of vacuum cleaner who must not pass forward, make forward runs, and is not allowed to shoot on sight?

I am sure he holds Gus in high regard but that doesn’t mean a working relationship would be a forward step for him if he is not permitted to express himself?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Net spend of £2m this summer - not sure where this myth of them being big spenders comes from?* They won't be spending a combined £8m+ on two unproven Championship players in January, either.

*Under Di Canio, at least

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As I said on the other thread, Sunderland spent big on 14 players in the summer. They weren't PDC's choices (which was part of the problem) but Roberto De Fanti's. I can't see any way that Sunderland would spend any serious money in January. Sunderland think they have the right players for the job and the manager has to work with them; if the board wouldn't allow PDC to get in the players he wanted, why would they allow Poyet?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I can't see any similarities with the Di Canio sacking. It was because of a player revolt in his case.

The similarities are that they lost their jobs because of the way they acted off the pitch rather than what happened on it
(ie results)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
For years Sunderland were known as the Bank of England team due to their excessive spending but it didnt do them a lot of good

Always had to pay good money just to entice players to go there.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Would Bridcutt want to play for him again now that he has seen another way other than the Gus way?

Does Bridcutt want to just have a job of vacuum cleaner who must not pass forward, make forward runs, and is not allowed to shoot on sight?

I am sure he holds Gus in high regard but that doesn’t mean a working relationship would be a forward step for him if he is not permitted to express himself?

And play in the Premier League with a bigger club than Brighton, and earn more money, and enhance his growing reputation on an international level, playing with and against better players week in, week out?

But hey, don't let your totally unjustified hatred and bias against Poyet stand in the way of cold hard facts will you?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Isnt their owner a billionaire so money wouldnt be a problem.

Correct and I dont think FFP really exists in reality! Always ways around it didnt Chelsea's solicitors say on the same day upon hearing about it that they had already found a way for Roman to invest as much as he wanted in to the club?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
And play in the Premier League with a bigger club than Brighton, and earn more money, and enhance his growing reputation on an international level, playing with and against better players week in, week out?

But hey, don't let your totally unjustified hatred and bias against Poyet stand in the way of cold hard facts will you?

I don't hate Poyet and to say that is like the other side of the fence referring to others as Poyet lovers. Both are poor use in a debate.

None of us know what the players are thinking, and for all anyone knows Bridcutt may prefer the option of Norwich or Swansea or some other club in the Prem.

If Bridcutt thinks Poyet can further his career I would believe him, but we will find that out in time I am sure.

You have to understand though, that Bridcutt hasn't known anything different from Gus's way and he may well be more enlightened to a prefered coaching style and approach to play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here