Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 4S help please - No text tone, message tone or media sound.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
Last week I suddenly found myself with no text tone, message tone or media sound. I upgraded to ios7 and this didn't solve the problem. Googled it and just got apple forums without anyone being able to put their finger on the problem, short of getting a replacement phone. Tried cleaning out the docking port and headphone port to no avail. Hard restart no effect. The volume bar (not ringer bar) does not show. I'm going to upgrade to the 5S next month, but wonder if anyone on here has had a similar problem and a fix to tide me over until I get the new phone.

ps. Ring tone works fine

Thanks

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
Thought I may have had a suggestion, but when I got to the 'the volume bar not showing' and ringer working ok I realised I hadn't. Saying that, I'm assuming that when you say hard restart you mean Settings > General > Reset, if not give that a go.

Anyway just in case it helps anyone else my other suggestion was:

I lost all the sound on my iPhone 4 and nothing I tried fixed it. Then I stumbled on a web site where the guy said to switch off the phone and then squeeze the bottom RH corner hard for 20 seconds, this is where the speaker is and sometime the connecting pads become disconnected.

I thought 'oh yeh', but having nothing to loose I gave it a try and lo and behold the sound returned.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I had a similar problem before I serched the web and i found this solution that worked...

It sound stupid but it worked for me......Blow very hard down the ear phone socket, I actually used a can of pressurised air,

Its not a joke and it worked...worth a try.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
You haven't just knocked the mute switch to on have you? Sounds stupid but I didn't even know the switch was there! I was seconds away from smashing my phone to pieces before my girlfriend asked if I had and just double check to see if the "do not disturb" function isn't on either....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here