Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CHINA this does not compute

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
how can this be BABY PANDA'S.jpg
in the same huge country as this cats in a crate CHINA.jpg

for a huge supposedly humane country(their words)
those poor cats and sometimes dogs were killed or stunned and skinned for the fur and in some of the photographs I have seen the cats still have collars where they have been stolen from the streets.
the trade in the fur has slowed down but not stopped altogether

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Panda's are big business for them, the two that are rented at Edinburgh Zoo cost £600.000 a year just in rent to China.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The same could be said of the UK. That woman who dumped a cat in the bin got death threats and people who do tests on animals get bombs under their cars yet according to UNICEF we have one of the worst records for measures of child wellbeing in the Western World. We've too many people more worried about cats than children.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The same could be said of the UK. That woman who dumped a cat in the bin got death threats and people who do tests on animals get bombs under their cars yet according to UNICEF we have one of the worst records for measures of child wellbeing in the Western World. We've too many people more worried about cats than children.
Very much this. It is utterly embarrassing how some people prattle on about dogs and cats all the while we can't look after our children properly.

May 17, 2011
1066 country

This with brass knobs on.

Oct 25, 2003

Very much this. It is utterly embarrassing how some people prattle on about dogs and cats all the while we can't look after our children properly.

agree with both of these...look after humans first

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Yeah because it's impossible to look after and care about animals and children at the same time. The other day I had to take my child to the hospital, the only logical thing do to was set fire to the dog.

I imagine the people that are cruel to animals are mostly the same people that are cruel to humans

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Yeah because it's impossible to look after and care about animals and children at the same time. The other day I had to take my child to the hospital, the only logical thing do to was set fire to the dog.

I imagine the people that are cruel to animals are mostly the same people that are cruel to humans

Yep.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

That wasn't my point at all. The OP was drawing attention to China and its appalling animal rights record. As someone else pointed out its human rights record is far more worrying and we in Britain can't start bleating about the hypocrisy of keeping some animals in better conditions than others considering the warped view (in my opinion) of a lot of British people who care more about animal welfare than child welfare.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
how can this be View attachment 47209
in the same huge country as this View attachment 47210

those poor cats and sometimes dogs were killed or stunned and skinned for the fur and in some of the photographs I have seen the cats still have collars where they have been stolen from the streets.

Almost as bad as over breeding Chickens for mass public consumption isn't it which we do in this country.

Seriously...I love it when people point out how nasty and bad johnny foreigner is...This from people living in a country that founded Huntingdon Life Sciences, battery hens and with the highest rate of animal cruelty in Europe.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
When a country has known famine on this scale (45 million people died) just 50 years ago, is it any wonder that animal rights have such a low priority.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jan/01/china-great-famine-book-tombstone

When you have starvation on this scale people will eat ANYTHING, regardless of if it is cuddly or cute. I know the OP is talking about animals killed for their skins, but my point is famine desensitises people.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
When you have starvation on this scale people will eat ANYTHING, regardless of if it is cuddly or cute. I know the OP is talking about animals killed for their skins, but my point is famine desensitises people.

It's true. All I've had to eat today is a yogurt and I couldn't really give a shit about the cats.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
how can this be View attachment 47209
in the same huge country as this View attachment 47210

And how many thousands of sharks in the world are killed because Chinese people like shark fin soup , disgraceful although I heard Hong Kong have made it illegal now !

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
We kill rabbits and pigs and chickens and cows and fish in the UK. No different from killing cats and dogs. No difference at all abd anyone who says it is is a Nazi who wants to murder all disabled people. Good on China, at least their hypocrisy is for sensible financial reasons rather than sick prejudice like in the UK.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

No you're wrong, there are lots of people who eat animals but don't eat humans.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I love the hypocrisy with animals. It’s generally not OK to eat dogs or cats because they take the effort to have a Brad Pitt in your neighbours lawns or they roll over and like being stroked on the tummy and make everyone go ‘’aaarrggghh’’. It’s OK to eat pigs – Well just look at the state of them. Same with chickens and they wake you up in the morning when the sun comes up – off with their heads. Going back to dogs it is OK for Beagles to smoke 20 B&H in the interests of science – Where this blurred line is drawn no-one knows.

Personally, I’d love to eat a nice North Korean dog burger. Especially one of those yappy ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here