Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar: Our best is yet to come [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Oscar: Our best is yet to come[/h]8:30am Tuesday 24th September 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2649360.jpg
Ashley Barnes will deputise again for Leo Ulloa at Ipswich on Saturday
Oscar*Garcia has warned the rest of the Championship there is still more to come from improving Albion.
The head coach does not rate Saturday’s comeback win at home to Bolton as one of their best performances.
The 3-1 victory at The Amex stretched the Seagulls’ unbeaten run to six games but Oscar believes they were below their best.
The Spaniard said: “I think we played better in the first half at Birmingham. I think we played better for some of the time at Reading and also at home in the second half against Millwall.”
Oscar is pleasantly surprised at how well the players have adapted nine matches into his reign.
He admitted: “We are playing better than I expected. The players are understanding very well, faster than I thought.
“From the start the players trusted me. In training they all want to improve. They ask things.”
Leo Ulloa completes a three-match suspension at Ipswich Town on Saturday.
Albion have taken four points from QPR and Bolton without the talismanic Argentinian striker and Ashley Barnes will deputise for him again at Portman Road.
Oscar said: “I have confidence in all my players. He (Ulloa) is our top goalscorer, but we have showed everybody we can win without him.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here