Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Programme Request

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Evening chaps & chapesses,

I've had a bit of a clear-out and due to an EPIC fail on the throwing out front, I seem to have thrown away a whole season's worth of home programmes.

If anyone has any home programmes from 2009/10 they don't want, I'll happily take them off your hands.

Thanks

xx

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just been in the loft and found some. I'm convinced I've got more, but to start you off...

HOME
31/10/09 vs Hartlepool
21/11/09 vs Leeds Utd
26/12/09 vs Leyton Orient
30/01/10 vs Millwall

AWAY
15/08/09 vs Brentford (Damaged)
23/02/10 vs Charlton

You are welcome to them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I've had a bit of a clear-out and due to an EPIC fail on the throwing out front, I seem to have thrown away a whole season's worth of home programmes.

If anyone has any home programmes from 2009/10 they don't want, I'll happily take them off your hands.

Thanks

xx

Probably. Whatever we have, I'm sure the lad will be happy to give up. They're all in his room though, and he's asleep. Remind me tomorrow and I'll check for you.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Thanks

xx

See what you get them PM me I should have a few just sitting in the loft going nowhere

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
This makes me think, I wonder how far we could go back with programmes on this forum without missing a game/issue?

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Well, as far as home programmes are concerned, at least to 1955 (except for a couple of very rare postponed issues) :thumbsup:

Interesting. What would be an example of one of these postponed issues? I assume that doesn't include the withdrawn issues for example Gerry Ryan's testimonial game, there must be plenty of those around.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hiney, this is one of the two seasons with the small format program, is that right?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Interesting. What would be an example of one of these postponed issues? I assume that doesn't include the withdrawn issues for example Gerry Ryan's testimonial game, there must be plenty of those around.

Was it withdrawn because of Dean Saunders' cock in the centre-spread? Genuine question.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

One of the recent examples was the Chesterfield game in 2001. It was postponed close to kick off and the programmes were printed and many had been sold. They were withdrawN As soon aS the postponement was announced but there are some in circulation.

In the past, clubs would use the original with an insert but these days (and in the case of the Chesterfield) game in 01, the remaining stock is pulped and a new programme issued for the rearranged game.

The Albion programme guide has a full list of games that were postponed where a programme is known to exist.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Was it withdrawn because of Dean Saunders' cock in the centre-spread? Genuine question.

I believe so, yes.

One of the recent examples was the Chesterfield game in 2001. It was postponed close to kick off and the programmes were printed and many had been sold. They were withdrawN As soon aS the postponement was announced but there are some in circulation.

In the past, clubs would use the original with an insert but these days (and in the case of the Chesterfield) game in 01, the remaining stock is pulped and a new programme issued for the rearranged game.

The Albion programme guide has a full list of games that were postponed where a programme is known to exist.

Thanks for the info. The fact that it is chesterfield in our league winning season makes that particular programme even more special too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes it is.

:kiss:

He was off school today, so I left him the mission of searching through the boxes for them.

He says we have 24 homes from that season, 2 of which are cup matches. You're welcome to them all. Come and pick them up over the weekend if you like, or I can drop them in next time I'm your way.

In return, if you can find one, or if you have a spare he'd really like a single program - for his first ever game - the desperate 5-1 last day defeat by Stoke.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've just had a quick shufty and found the following if you need any of these:

5/9/09 Wycombe
19/9/09 Southend
18/11/09 Wycombe FA Cup (Gus's first ever game at home. Hola Gus t-shirt still in wrapper too)
21/11/09 Leeds Coca Cola
13/2/10 Norwich (remember that well - Hove Seagull, HKFC and I gave a Norwich fan grief for celebrating their equaliser in the Family Stand.)
24/4/10 Bristol Rovers

There's probably more but will need to look around.

I'm guessing that HKFC doesn't have the Gus 1st game one as I remember getting him a Hola Gus t-shirt at the evening game. Let us know if you want any of these and I can post them to you. They're all in pretty good condition too. No fraying, curling or bending on them.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He was off school today, so I left him the mission of searching through the boxes for them.

He says we have 24 homes from that season, 2 of which are cup matches. You're welcome to them all. Come and pick them up over the weekend if you like, or I can drop them in next time I'm your way.

In return, if you can find one, or if you have a spare he'd really like a single program - for his first ever game - the desperate 5-1 last day defeat by Stoke.

At the risk of being a pain, I have that programme (nice first game, dad). He is welcome to it if he wishes and Hiney doesn't have a spare.

The History Man replaced by first game programme. I used it as a weapon to assault my fellow supporters and it ended up all over Hove Park.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
...and here it is.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380053805162.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380053805162.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 68

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here