Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Jake Bugg

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
What exactly does this bring to the world of music?
Absolutely nothing, I was wrong to like it, I thought others might be interested in the first new song from the 19 year old, Mercury Prize nominated singer/songwriter's new album. How stupid of me. I will immediately retune my radio to Heart and watch reruns of The X Factor.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
His enunciation is awful.

Between that and the repetitive guitar work, it just seems to blend into indistinct noise for me.

(For the record, I am certainly no fan of the X Factor and the like).

I wasn't expecting this, but I like it very lots.
[yt]bxjZbFpBpbE[/yt]

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am sure it will probably grow on me, I remain thankful for the likes of young master Bugg and the Strypes who seemed to have been listening to my kind of music even if they can't (yet) match it. They may, given time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's alright. I really liked his first album, brimming as it was with Bob Dylan and Ryan Adams inspiration. Sounds like he's spent the last year listening to the Arctic Monkeys on repeat. And forgetting how to pronounce actual WORDS.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Absolutely nothing, I was wrong to like it, I thought others might be interested in the first new song from the 19 year old, Mercury Prize nominated singer/songwriter's new album. How stupid of me. I will immediately retune my radio to Heart and watch reruns of The X Factor.

I am always interested in new talent....but I really can't describe this as such...I see he lists his influences as Johnny Cash...the Beatles...Oasis and Jimi Hendrix amongst others.

My point was that he doesn't bring anything new to 'music'....others have done what he has...and better!!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I am always interested in new talent....but I really can't describe this as such...I see he lists his influences as Johnny Cash...the Beatles...Oasis and Jimi Hendrix amongst others.

My point was that he doesn't bring anything new to 'music'....others have done what he has...and better!!

His debut album last year was a thing of beauty, even more admirable due to him being only 18 at the time. You'd be hard pushed not to see influences in anyone's music, everything comes from something else. You think these influences define him, I think he's fresh and relevant.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Really liked his first album but this sounds like it shoudl be a B-Side not a lead single - like a jam or a demo rather than an actual song.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm I think I preferred the Easy listening Dylan Lite style

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
brimming as it was with Bob Dylan and Ryan Adams inspiration. Sounds like he's spent the last year listening to the Arctic Monkeys on repeat. And forgetting how to pronounce actual WORDS.

You both hit the nail on the head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here