Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone know of any jobs for a 16yo in the Eastbourne Area

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Need to get another job as I already have a paper round, looking for jobs in the evenings, any help would be appreciated

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Need to get another job as I already have a paper round, looking for jobs in the evenings, any help would be appreciated

Try dropping your CV in to the shops in the Arndale Centre.

Edit: just seen you want evenings - you'll be lucky to get an evening job at 16.

Oct 25, 2003
well the fact that you've already been working is a decent start....as the poster above said....try pounding the streets with CV's (get some advice about making one) and doing the same online through job agencies (no idea what the best ones in eastbourne are)

although, again, as the poster above said...evening work is hard to come by at 16...are there even many places open in eastbourne in the evenings?

best of luck to you

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What is it you want to do? What are your skills?

I think employers tend to want to hear something more than 'I want a job.'

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And I wish you well. It's a tough job market out there.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Childminding ??????

Actually that's probably no good for Eastbourne, how about demented OAP minding ???????

Unfortunately, because of 'Call Me Dave's' Big Society it will probably be voluntary and unpaid!

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Not evening, but for the weekends, you could consider football refereering. My lad is only 15, and is a newly qualified level 9 ref. There is such a shortage of referees that you can basically do as many games as you like (in our area), at between £14 and £20 a game. He has pocketed about £200 in his first 6 weeks, doing one or two (60 minute) games each weekend. The ref's kit cost about £75, and the initial course (with the Hampshire FA) cost (me) £85, but they refund that, when you've completed 6 matches.

It seems a great way for a youngster to earn some cash. Much better than getting up early all week to deliver papers.

(You may even be able to find evening work at a 5-a-side place, possibly, but you'd PROBABLY need to be 18 for those).

Edit: your earning power will be directly linked to your ability to travel to venues / whether one of your parents is as much of a mug as I am.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here