Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Gove. Strange but true fact.....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Michael Gove is a failed comedian. He was in a show with David Baddiel in the early 90's called Stab In The Dark. He is now in charge of your children's future of course.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Michael Gove is a failed comedian. He was in a show with David Baddiel in the early 90's called Stab In The Dark. He is now in charge of your children's future of course.

The Mayor of Reykjavik is a comedian. Beppe Grillo who won huge popular support in the latest Italy elections is a comedian. It happens.

Sorry, apart from the comedy (sic) value of their previous profession I fail to see how it would necessarily make him good or bad at his current job.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Mayor of Reykjavik is a comedian. Beppe Grillo who won huge popular support in the latest Italy elections is a comedian. It happens.

Sorry, apart from the comedy (sic) value of their previous profession I fail to see how it would necessarily make him good or bad at his current job.

This.

He's both a failed comedian AND a shit Minister for Education, but the two things are not connected.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Doc: Tell me, Future Boy, who's President of the United States in 1985?
Marty: Ronald Reagan.
Doc: Ronald Reagan? The actor? [rolls his eyes] Ha! Then who's vice-president, Jerry Lewis? I suppose Jane Wyman is the First Lady?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Sorry, apart from the comedy (sic) value of their previous profession I failto see how it would necessarily make him good or bad at his current job.

True

Ha. I say that it does make him a worse minister. Reagan was a successful actor, so not a great example.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Jesus wept, you're shit at debating. One reply and already resorting to the pathetic personal insults. You really need to grow the f*ck up.

Haha! Still a bit sore form your last little tantrum? You need to stop taking this all so bloody seriously, it's getting dull mate.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Is he really in charge of all our children's futures ?

Or is he just Education minister ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Haha! Still a bit sore form your last little tantrum? You need to stop taking this all so bloody seriously, it's getting dull mate.

Sore? Not at all. Happy to leave you with the final word as it matters so much (I didn't even comment at the time that it took you 2 edits before you were satisfied with it either).

I just thought that you might be willing to enter into a discussion that you started. If I'd known that you'd carry on with your Colin Hunt impression I'd have done something a bit more productive, like going earlier for the shit I'm leaving this thread for now.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Christ in a bap. I just thought it was a strange fact. Keep your Alan's on ladies.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sore? Not at all. Happy to leave you with the final word as it matters so much (I didn't even comment at the time that it took you 2 edits before you were satisfied with it either).

I just thought that you might be willing to enter into a discussion that you started. If I'd known that you'd carry on with your Colin Hunt impression I'd have done something a bit more productive, like going earlier for the shit I'm leaving this thread for now.

I understand marra. The irony.

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Tried to become a comedian - failed
Tried at being Education Minister - failed

Makes you wonder what his next career move will be. Maybe he'll start a band.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Catering at the AMEX for the hat trick.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

This was kind of the point that some have failed to grasp. He failed at comedy and is a laughing stock as a minister. The examples given were of successful performers.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Sorry to disagree but in my view he is not a failed comedian at all. He is an excellent comedian, just a crap politician who has his roles confused. :shrug:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sorry to disagree but in my view he is not a failed comedian at all. He is an excellent comedian, just a crap politician who has his roles confused. :shrug:

That's one way of looking at it!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I understand marra. The irony.

So predictable. Every single time.Your inferiority complex about me needs new material, Nibs. It's like you're working off a crib sheet.

What have we got? The 'how ironic' post? Check. The 'fail' insult? Check. 'you don't bother me' response? Check. (Clearly I do. You don't have any other way of engaging with me)

To come: 'girls' name' insult, 'you're thick' insult, 'you're boring' insult and repeat ad nauseam until other party tires of the childish shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here