Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which season would you like to see again ?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I'm getting on a bit now, and have seen a few seasons of the Albion - the good, the bad, and the Archer years - but if you could go back and re-live just ONE season, which would it be ?

I'd opt for 71/72, a fantastic time of flair and goals, the best Albion goal of all time, huge-ish home crowds, tension and terraces.Great characters in the Albion team, great songs.........and ultimately promotion.

Loved it !

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Starting watching Brighton around 1996 and the first Micky Adams era was amazing because I'd been used to seeing us play shite and struggle, so to win a league was amazing. Surviving in 97 was equally epic obviously. But would have to go for Gus' first full season in charge. To blow the rest of League 1 away in the style and class we did, was truly special. Consistently high level attacking/possession football. Games like Charlton away, Carlisle and Dagenham at home will live long in the memory. Trying to remember the quote from a Charlton fan online somewhere, something to the affect of equating seeing his team destroyed by such beautiful football and being kicked in the nuts by a supermodel.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Summer :p missing it already!!

(probably the 00/01 season , although enjoyed the 99/00 and 03/04 ones too).

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
1982/83.

Sod the relegation, the Cup run was just unbelievable. I knew it was amazing, but I wasn't old enough to realise just how amazing it was. Even if we did it again this season, the magic of the Cup is never coming back to where it was back then.

Magic days.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
1978/79 - I was there for it, but I'd go to more away games than I did as a kid.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I really enjoyed 90/91 season. Ok it ended with defeat at Wembley but was a good ride. Two games against Liverpool, the then best team in England, the last gasp free kick from Wilkins against Ipswich to send us into the playoffs, two beatings of Millwall and a day out to Wembley.

Think we also had a semi final game against Palace in the Zenith Data Systems that went to extra time as well, remember the Goldstone being rammed for that one.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The season we went up with Gary Nelson in the team. Think it was 88

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Agree with you - 76/77 was wonderful. We played such uninhibited attacking football. I'd give anything to see that 7-0 against Walsall again.

all the goals came in a 20 odd minute spell

what a night!

could possibly be the best 20 minutes the Albion ever played

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Agree with you - 76/77 was wonderful. We played such uninhibited attacking football. I'd give anything to see that 7-0 against Walsall again.
Yeah, I'd probably pick 76/77. The League Cup run, the promotion and the heady feeling that with Bamber and Mullery for the first time EVER the potential in the club was going to be realised.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'm not sure I've felt any better as an Albion fan than just 3 years ago, during - and particularly at the end of - the 2010/11 season.

1) We weren't just the best, we were by far the best in that league. We bloody walked it. No, we didn't really bother in the last 4 games but that doesn't matter in the slightest.
2) The Amex was about to arrive. We could watch it being built - hell, we could (and did) even watch the grass grow via a bloody webcam.
3) The imminent impact of the Amex meant even going to the Withdean didn't depress as much.
4) Some ruddy brilliant matches (though this could apply to most seasons). That 4-3 v Carlisle, that other 4-3 v Dagenham to secure promotion, 5-0 v Orient, 4-0 at Charlton, 3-0 at Peterborough, 3-1 v Pompey in the cup.
5) March 2011. Win Win Win Win Win Win Win Win - surely the best month ever for the Albion?
6) Watching the tika-taka, pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass football style.

Disclaimer, before anyone calls me a JCL for picking something so recent - I only started watching the Albion regularly in 2000, so no I can't really pick any year before then. But it still blows out of the water any of the 3 other promotion seasons since the turn of the century...

el punal

Close call. I loved the momentum of the last two months of 1971/72, when we were unbeaten in the final 12 games. But, my pick has got to be 1976/77 with Alan Mullery in charge. The football that we played that season was brilliant, especially at home. With Peter Ward on fire we steam rollered the opposition - such a shame we did'nt go up as champions.

Certainly top 3 was 2010/11 our football was sublime and we totally bamboozled opponents who just did not know how to deal with us.

el punal

I'm not sure I've felt any better as an Albion fan than just 3 years ago, during - and particularly at the end of - the 2010/11 season.

1) We weren't just the best, we were by far the best in that league. We bloody walked it. No, we didn't really bother in the last 4 games but that doesn't matter in the slightest.
2) The Amex was about to arrive. We could watch it being built - hell, we could (and did) even watch the grass grow via a bloody webcam.
3) The imminent impact of the Amex meant even going to the Withdean didn't depress as much.
4) Some ruddy brilliant matches (though this could apply to most seasons). That 4-3 v Carlisle, that other 4-3 v Dagenham to secure promotion, 5-0 v Orient, 4-0 at Charlton, 3-0 at Peterborough, 3-1 v Pompey in the cup.
5) March 2011. Win Win Win Win Win Win Win Win - surely the best month ever for the Albion?
6) Watching the tika-taka, pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass football style.

Disclaimer, before anyone calls me a JCL for picking something so recent - I only started watching the Albion regularly in 2000, so no I can't really pick any year before then. But it still blows out of the water any of the 3 other promotion seasons since the turn of the century...

Fantastic memories - still spoilt for choice from other seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here