Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Sharpe to Reading

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Reading have agreed a deal to sign Southampton striker Billy Sharp on loan, Sky Sports understands.

Sharp has been linked with a move to Reading for some time with Royals boss Nigel Adkins a big admirer having worked with him at Scunthorpe United and Southampton.

27-year-old Sharp has found himself out of favour at St Mary's and he does not figure in Mauricio Pochettino's first-team plans.

Sharp spent last season on loan at Nottingham Forest and he impressed at the City Ground, scoring 11 goals.

A number of Championship clubs are thought to have made enquiries, but Reading have won the race for his signature.

Sharp has agreed a three-month loan deal and will become the second new face at the club following the signature of former Fulham man Chris Baird on Friday.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-sign-southampton-striker-billy-sharp-on-loan

I am still stunned that after Dunks assault on Sharpe he ever played football again. I was under the impression it was life threatening and ultimately cost Doncaster their place in The Championship.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I am still stunned that after Dunks assault on Sharpe he ever played football again. I was under the impression it was life threatening and ultimately cost Doncaster their place in The Championship.

As was I.

A miraculous recovery indeed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He was terrific for Scunny at Withdean. Hooper got the goals and the headlines, but Sharp ran us ragged.

In fairness though, we probably had a back 4 of Virgo, Butters, Whing and Mayo.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He was terrific for Scunny at Withdean. Hooper got the goals and the headlines, but Sharp ran us ragged.

In fairness though, we probably had a back 4 of Virgo, Butters, Whing and Mayo.

Looked it up as remember that game as we were totally outclassed , line up as follows

Kuipers

Whing
Hawkins
Elphick
Richards

Livermore
Thomson
Cox
McCleod

Murray
Forster

Subs
Lynch
Mayo
Fraser
Loft
Robinson

Att : 5,529

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Looked it up as remember that game as we were totally outclassed , line up as follows

Kuipers

Whing
Hawkins
Elphick
Richards

Livermore
Thomson
Cox
McCleod

Murray
Forster

Subs
Lynch
Mayo
Fraser
Loft
Robinson

Look how far we have come.

Brighton & Hove Albion
29 Kuszczak
03 Greer
14 Calderon
17 Ward
20 Upson
08 Crofts Booked
21 David Lopez
38 Ince
09 Barnes
25 LuaLua
30 Buckley

Substitutes
16 Ankergren
02 Bruno
05 Dunk
06 El-Abd
15 Chicksen
23 Conway
27 March

Att: 26,319

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kuipers Retired

Whing Oxford United
Hawkins Shamrock Rovers player/coach
Elphick AFC Bournemouth
Richards Cheltenham Div 2

Livermore Millwall Coach
Thomson Dover
Cox Leyton Orient
McCleod ???

Murray CPFC
Forster Retired

Subs
Lynch Huddersfield
Mayo Retired
Fraser Non League
Loft Port Vale
Robinson Non League

Not many still doing well from that squad.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Surprised it took them so long. Adkins was always going to go for him and thought they might have bought him, but certainly expected a move as soon as the loan window opened. Can't really understand why Stains didn't sell him

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Reading's promotion tactic seems to be to sign absolutely everyone. No chance of them getting a game but then no-one else will get them either.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Reading's promotion tactic seems to be to sign absolutely everyone. No chance of them getting a game but then no-one else will get them either.

Did you see the highlights of the Reading game on Saturday. One of their goals was classic Adkins - pump the ball to the tall bloke at the back post, who heads back across to someone on the middle to tuck home.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

And, as I suspect The Large One will recall, gave the whingiest performance ever seen at Withdean. I can't recall ever seeing an opponent in the officials' ear so much.

Moan moan moan moan.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And, as I suspect The Large One will recall, gave the whingiest performance ever seen at Withdean. I can't recall ever seeing an opponent in the officials' ear so much.

Moan moan moan moan.

Cry in a minute. He's gonna cry in a minute.

Tremendous fun, that afternoon was.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Kuipers

Murray
Forster

Well their not too shabby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here