Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keepmoat Stadium to Doncaster Station question......

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Looking at train options for returning to London on the 2nd November. I'm considering tickets for the 17.35 from Doncaster. For those who have been there before, would you consider this is cutting it too fine seeing as the ground is a bit of a trek from the station?

The next train with cheap-ish tickets isn't until around 1930. Could be a long session in a pub!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
You might be cutting it a little bit fine if you are planning on walking. We struggled to get a taxi back last time and ended up walking and its a bit of a stroll.

Donny isn't the greatest for a drink but certainly not the worst. I'd go for the later one if I were you.

Pinkie Brown

Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
You might be cutting it a little bit fine if you are planning on walking. We struggled to get a taxi back last time and ended up walking and its a bit of a stroll.

Donny isn't the greatest for a drink but certainly not the worst. I'd go for the later one if I were you.

Thanks for that. I was inclined to take the safe option of the pub and the later train.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I found it is cheaper to get London to Doncaster tickets separate from the South coast to London, maybe that will give better options, I'm sure our train home is nearer 6pm, but I can't remember as I haven't the tickets here.

Edit: I'm pretty sure its the 17:53 which is only £6 more expensive than the 17:35 @ £24.50

Pinkie Brown

Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I found it is cheaper to get London to Doncaster tickets separate from the South coast to London, maybe that will give better options, I'm sure our train home is nearer 6pm, but I can't remember as I haven't the tickets here.

Edit: I'm pretty sure its the 17:53 which is only £6 more expensive than the 17:35 @ £24.50

I've been doing the same - Looking at booking options from Kings Cross rather than the coast. Yes, there are £24 tickets for the 17.53 and 18.39. Best priced is the 19.29 at £16.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
It is hard to get down town quick if you walk or go by bus. Taxi maybe. Better stay later enjoy Donny although pubs in town are not that great. There are better out of town. If you arrive early i.e before match recommend taking in the market best in Europe apparently. Well have too say I love living here and I will be home in 30 minutes after the game unlike my trek to Brighton every other week. I hope we win so I can wind up all the Donny supporting mates.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
I've been doing the same - Looking at booking options from Kings Cross rather than the coast. Yes, there are £24 tickets for the 17.53 and 18.39. Best priced is the 19.29 at £16.

But I guess you need to factor in how much you are likely to spend in the pub waiting for the 19.29?!! ???

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
It is hard to get down town quick if you walk or go by bus. Taxi maybe. Better stay later enjoy Donny although pubs in town are not that great. There are better out of town. If you arrive early i.e before match recommend taking in the market best in Europe apparently. Well have too say I love living here and I will be home in 30 minutes after the game unlike my trek to Brighton every other week. I hope we win so I can wind up all the Donny supporting mates.

Hats off to you for doing that regular trip to the Amex for home games! That is dedication and most certainly not cheap!

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
Another tip, book your Kings Cross to Donny and corresponding return as two independent singles. I saved about £45 doing it this way (as opposed to a round trip booking) and got it all in for £28 last week. Booked on East Coast Trains Website.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I walked back to the train station from the stadium in 30 minutes last time. I caught the bus from the Interchange to the ground and the bus driver told us not to bother getting a return bus ticket if you've got a train to catch before 5.45 as all the buses get stuck in traffic after the game and it is quicker to walk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here