Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help needed guys & girls.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Hi don't normally post stuff like this but we are good at helping others, so thought why not.

My wife works really close with the local scout group, and is the group treasurer as well as general all round helper. My 2 son’s have been attending this group for many years and have gained valuable life skill you don’t always get in school.

The scout hut was built over 40 years ago and needs some repairs and general updating. They are constantly doing fundraising but to win the £3000 would be a great injection of much needed funds.

You can vote for a good cause in any area, so won’t impact votes in your local community.

Please vote for 2nd Southwick scout group

I have attached the link to make it even easier for you

https://communityfund.lloydsbank.com/voting/cf_org_vote_profile.asp?cfr=989C50

Thanks all Danny.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Done

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Done. Good luck.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If they enter the Downsman, I'll vote for them.

Ok, I've voted for them anyway.

How much has this been punted around scouting? I'll put something in the next mailing to the Downsman mailing list, too.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
If they enter the Downsman, I'll vote for them.

Ok, I've voted for them anyway.

How much has this been punted around scouting? I'll put something in the next mailing to the Downsman mailing list, too.

Thanks Sully much appreciated.

My wife has been dealing with this so not fully up too speed on who has been contacted. She just asked me to ask around for help, and this is the best place as WE ARE SO NICE.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Thanks Sully much appreciated.

My wife has been dealing with this so not fully up too speed on who has been contacted. She just asked me to ask around for help, and this is the best place as WE ARE SO NICE.

Just looked at the full list of entrants in the local area and I'm very surprised to see so few Scout groups ( only two ). As someone who was involved in Scouting for over 30 years I'm surprised more haven't applied.

@Sully - the Downsman is for pussies. The Bean Can was the toughie but I don't know if it's still going.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Just looked at the full list of entrants in the local area and I'm very surprised to see so few Scout groups ( only two ). As someone who was involved in Scouting for over 30 years I'm surprised more haven't applied.

@Sully - the Downsman is for pussies. The Bean Can was the toughie but I don't know if it's still going.

My wife has put a lot of effort into this , and yes she was surprised no more scout groups had entered or put there names forward, but hey better for 2nd Southwick. Thanks for the support guys means a lot.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I won the Bean Can in 1981, as it happens. And no, I don't think it's going any more.

Operation Triangle was the real toughie. I won that, too!

I found three Sussex Scout Groups in there and voted for all of them. 42nd Brighton and 2nd Ifield were the other two. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here