Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Never felt more like singin the blues...

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
When Bri-un win...

I have never understood why we sing this. Why sing the blues when we are happy? Have the words got mixed up over the years? I seem to remember as a kid (about 25 years ago) reading in match magazine that one of the Sheffield clubs sung this when they lost and their rivals won.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I have never understood why we sing this. Why sing the blues when we are happy?
Oh FFS...! Can we stop MOANING about EVERY song and analysing the extent of their logical consistency....?

This is one of the great Albion songs. It celebrates those few times each season (something like 6 or 7 on average?) when we win and they lose - the best of days for an Albion fan and this is the perfect song for the occasion.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Last year after the aborted Blackburn game I was heading back to Runcorn and arrived at the same time the Everton team did. Bunch of their fans were singing it about Everton/Liverpool. I ended up getting bundled into the middle of it all; I guess they saw a blue scarf and assumed I was Everton. Good laugh.

IfieldBlue

Apr 17, 2012
Sung by this coming weekend's opposition as well. Used to be their fanfare over the tannoy as the teams come out on the pitch...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sung by this coming weekend's opposition as well. Used to be their fanfare over the tannoy as the teams come out on the pitch...
It is a great song. Agree that Wednesday have some ownership rights but I guess it is also sung by several others as well as us (City/United? Rangers/Celtic? Ipswich/Norwich? Birmingham/Villa? Chelsea/Tottenham? etc, etc) ... Cardiff/Swansea..??!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
It is a great song. Agree that Wednesday have some ownership rights but I guess it is also sung by several others as well as us (City/United? Rangers/Celtic? Ipswich/Norwich? Birmingham/Villa? Chelsea/Tottenham? etc, etc) ... Cardiff/Swansea..??!
Remember it being sung by Everton fans, I think, in the 70s.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I have never understood why we sing this. Why sing the blues when we are happy? Have the words got mixed up over the years? I seem to remember as a kid (about 25 years ago) reading in match magazine that one of the Sheffield clubs sung this when they lost and their rivals won.

Do you think it might have something to do with the colour we play.in? After all, when we sing 'come on you blues' we're not trying to bring on a bout of depression.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here