Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

can we have a weekly thread on the football league show?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I just want to watch the 20 seconds we get, where is it?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
.........ah found it .............. some pisstaking about 'Spanish day' and then 1 min 10 secs of the game. FFS

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
and at the end wasnt it, after even the blackburn 0 - 0 huddersfield. i'm fairly convinced the producer is a Palace fan.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Shhh. I rather like the way that we finished 4th last year, are on a six game unbeaten run but are totally off the radar. It feels like some stunt from the whacky races.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not a six game unbeaten run, the way they said it on theFLS, it was our first win in four, sounds much worse.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
and at the end wasnt it, after even the blackburn 0 - 0 huddersfield. i'm fairly convinced the producer is a Palace fan.

They show the games in the order of league placings excepting the highlighted match. Huddersfield were above us so went before. The sensitivity of our fans is embarrassing.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They show the games in the order of league placings excepting the highlighted match. Huddersfield were above us so went before. The sensitivity of our fans is embarrassing.

They've changed their policy from last season then, as irrespective of our lofty league position, we were usually quite late in the running order. Why are the pictures of our home games always slightly blurred, especially compared to other matches? Are we sending them a lower resolution feed?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
^^^

Correct.

I quite like the FL Show to be honest - this season it's even worth holding on to watch all the goals in the noddy divisions, where Portsmouth are busy embarrassing themselves by losing to teams based in towns you've barely heard of.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
They've changed their policy from last season then, as irrespective of our lofty league position, we were usually quite late in the running order. Why are the pictures of our home games always slightly blurred, especially compared to other matches? Are we sending them a lower resolution feed?

No they haven't.

The features game comes first then league positions.

Same as last season.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...The features game comes first then league positions.

Same as last season.

ah, that would explain why we where after the Charlton v Millwall game.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I used to stay up late for the FLS (if nothing better to do ?) but then I decided that it wasn't worth waiting up for so decided to record it !

Now I have cancelled the recording as it is absolutely pointless !

At least there is Seagulls Player available.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don't know why people think we should be right at the top of the Football League Show when currently we're a mid-table team? Doesn't seem to me there's any bias..... matches are mostly based around league positions unless it makes sense to group certain games together (if, for instance, they're dealing with the top six later in the season). And then sometimes a better match will be lower down because that can make sense if they're going to talk about it in the studio.

The idea that people at the BBC sit there thinking of ways to upset Albion fans is ridiculous. They have 72 clubs to show every week.. most of them will be unhappy about something.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
bbc have no clue tbh, sky should do a proper football league show

Yes, Sky are brilliant at the Football League aren't they? :shootself:

Lost count of the number of times I've tuned in for a Brighton match and the coverage is geared massively around the team they know more about without doing any real research.. Reading recently being a case in point, with a current Reading player as the expert.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I did chuckle at the fact they referenced David Lopez by his nickname.

I used to stay up and watch it, but since they moved it to a graveyard time i now just catch up on iPlayer. It's not a bad show per se, as i enjoy watching a lot of the L1 and L2 stuff to see the lower league clubs tonk Pompey.

Also, a big No to Sky having any involvement, largely because i don't have Sky but also because they're effin' useless with anything outside of the Big 4 in the Prem.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here