Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A great result for Europe.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Exit polls suggest Merkel is set for a third term. Great result for Europe and if those two SPD fellas get into parliament a total disaster for Cameron and his attempt to re-write the EU treaty. Good day all round I think.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I think the BBC just said the SPD guys didn't get in but I could be mistaken.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Merkel faces having a weakened government. Possibly an anti Europe party represented. Yeah, great day for Europe.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think the BBC just said the SPD guys didn't get in but I could be mistaken.

Her preferred coalition partner is the FDP but it looks like they have less than the 5% they need to enter parliament. This means she will have to strike a deal with the SDP who look to have around 25%.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Exit polls suggest Merkel is set for a third term. Great result for Europe and if those two SPD fellas get into parliament a total disaster for Cameron and his attempt to re-write the EU treaty. Good day all round I think.
You think what you like!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Her preferred coalition partner is the FDP but it looks like they have less than the 5% they need to enter parliament. This means she will have to strike a deal with the SDP who look to have around 25%.
Apologies, I confused my democratic parties :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
guaranteed a few more votes for the mad ELAM boys in Cyprus. We can look on her re election as a good thing, be interesting to see the response from our Greek or CY NSC'ers.

Great result for the economically strong Euro heartland, potentially catastrophic result for eurozone fringe.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You think what you like!

Well, I'm pro-EU and this is a great result for English people who think the same way and also a resounding pro-EU vote from the Germans especially as some have doubted their EU conviction. As a bonus the SDP angle will scupper Cameron's referendum plans as the two potential SDP government candidates are staunch EU types and will not allow Cameron's "a la carte" approach to a treaty re-write.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Well, I'm pro-EU and this is a great result for English people who think the same way and also a resounding pro-EU vote from the Germans especially as some have doubted their EU conviction. As a bonus the SDP angle will scupper Cameron's referendum plans as the two potential SDP government candidates are staunch EU types and will not allow Cameron's "a la carte" approach to a treaty re-write.

Yes I fully understand you are pro EU (everyone on here knows that!!) but I doubt the Greeks and more to the point Spanish people will see it as a Great result.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Good result for the status quo, bad result for those in Southern Europe.

spot on. no matter what you might think of the mismanagement of economies in SE eurozone, its been encouraged by Germany when it suits her. They still dont ****ing learn the Germans. Humiliating people they think are beneath them is their stock in trade. I would hesitate to be proud of their current domination of the eurozone. if i had any opinions of germany apart from their perhaps worst human rights record in european history and cynical opportunism, subsidised by the bankcrupcy of the UK.

I fail to see how anyone could be proud of their contribution to europe, even now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great result for the economically strong Euro heartland, potentially catastrophic result for eurozone fringe.

I think this vote provides much needed stability and whilst long term things will be better across the EU zone, short term it will be very tough for some countries.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
spot on. no matter what you might think of the mismanagement of economies in SE eurozone, its been encouraged by Germany when it suits her. They still dont ****ing learn the Germans. Humiliating people they think are beneath them is their stock in trade. I would hesitate to be proud of their current domination of the eurozone. if i had any opinions of germany apart from their perhaps worst human rights record in european history and cynical opportunism, subsidised by the bankcrupcy of the UK.

I fail to see how anyone could be proud of their contribution to europe, even now.

Why has it been encouraged by the Germans? They don't run the EU they are just one, albeit powerful, member. I think they are very valuable members who contribute a lot but to suggest they encourage others on their own is wrong. If you want to point a finger it will have to be at the EU not the Germans alone.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I think this vote provides much needed stability and whilst long term things will be better across the EU zone, short term it will be very tough for some countries.

cant argue with that mate, you are right.

but my sympathies lie with Greece who spent 25 years as an economic basket case after the German occupation, leading directly to the Colonels, and the consequent problems in Cyprus, directly caused by German aggression. I know you have a soft spot for them, but the repercussions of the German invasion of Greece and the Balkans are still being felt and have led indirectly to the brutal and horrific Yugoslav wars 50 years on, the Cyprus problem and mainland Greece political instability. No wonder they hate them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here