Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Reading through many of the other posts on yesterdays game I am surprised at the acclaim KLL is getting. Yes he had a good game, yes he caused them problems and yes when he is on his game he is class.

However, his strength is short bursts of power in ball control, shooting and crossing. He would be a better all round player if he could temper the power sometimes and this would make him less one dimensional / predictable. His constant need to put every ball in with power means that many of the opportunities he creates he wastes with the final ball and this was evident yesterday. An example is Conway's cross to the far post to Dave, a class cross that KLL could learn from.

Was good but could have been better.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Reading through many of the other posts on yesterdays game I am surprised at the acclaim KLL is getting. Yes he had a good game, yes he caused them problems and yes when he is on his game he is class.

However, his strength is short bursts of power in ball control, shooting and crossing. He would be a better all round player if he could temper the power sometimes and this would make him less one dimensional / predictable. His constant need to put every ball in with power means that many of the opportunities he creates he wastes with the final ball and this was evident yesterday. An example is Conway's cross to the far post to Dave, a class cross that KLL could learn from.

Was good but could have been better.

You're not easily pleased. Most Championship sides would bite our hands off to have him in their squad.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Weird.
He one dimensionally/ predictably went through their entire defence all game yesterday. Easily MOM.

Imagine if he'd played well?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Great performance,yet we still have to have threads like this.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He would be a better all round player if he could temper the power sometimes and this would make him less one dimensional / predictable. His constant need to put every ball in with power means that many of the opportunities he creates he wastes with the final ball and this was evident yesterday.
He would be brilliant if his final ball was better. But as it stands, he does mess up a lot of final balls, but he's getting past their defence so much, he's getting some good balls in too. In the first half, he was our only attacking hope. He also made plenty of sensible passes yesterday too, more so that he did last season. Despite several poor crosses, I thought he was our best player (I appreciate Ince was good too).

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I thought it was a toss up between Kazenga and Rohan fo MOM. If KLL shot had gone in instead of hitting the bar then there wouldn't have been any doubt about MOM.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Great performance,yet we still have to have threads like this.

All it needs is Mustafa to come on this thread moaning about how much he paid to see such a poor performance from Lua Lua.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
You need to realise that those crosses that you say are poor are with his weaker foot. His right foot however is better than anyones including Lopez who's delivery was poor all afternoon. The first time he was able to deliver with his right foot we scored!!......MOM imo.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Some people never ever satisfied !!:ffsparr:

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Like you said we had numerous threads on him yesterday so not entirely sure why you felt the need to start another one. He had a good game. Can we just leave it at that?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
This has to be a wind-up. Is there a player in the squad that is more entertaining to watch? Winning is good but entertainment is up there too.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
So should he play on the right wing?

Nope because when he cuts inside and shoots with his right his shot can be awesome. The crossbar prevented what would have been a belter of a goal. Leave him on the left and encourage him to cut inside more.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I thought it was a toss up between Kazenga and Rohan fo MOM. If KLL shot had gone in instead of hitting the bar then there wouldn't have been any doubt about MOM.

Yeah, I thought the sponsors might give it to Kaz too.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
So should he play on the right wing?
We are blessed with two wingers that are strong on either foot, it would be nice to see them swap over at times as I think Lualua would be lethal on the right. That said he does look good when he cuts inside and no one strikes a ball better than him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nope because when he cuts inside and shoots with his right his shot can be awesome. The crossbar prevented what would have been a belter of a goal. Leave him on the left and encourage him to cut inside more.
As good as his shots are, we're more likely to score a goal from one of his crosses than from one of his shots - and would be even more likely to if he was on the right wing. But he can play on either, and Buckley is more suited to the right wing I think. We might see an inform Kaz on the right when Orlandi plays.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Throughout the ninety minutes of a game I find I am excited every time KLL get the ball and willing him to put in that killer cross in knowing the chances are it will be over hit or he will decide to try a shot which will end up in the stands. 80% of the time my hands go to my head in frustration but thankfully in most games he gets enough chances to get that assist or score that wonder goal. If he did it more often than he does he would be playing in the premiership so its good that he is not the perfect player as he is our player. I was surprised he didn't get MOM yesterday as he got us back into game.

I also love his celebrations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here