Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley's goal yesterday - absolute class!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good enough to deserve a thread of its own.
Yep, it was brilliant. Made me think I hope he's got his mojo back, as he's great when he's on form.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
He loves that particular skill, but I think that's the first time it's directly led to a goal. Looked superb from the angle behind the goal.

Great to see him off the mark.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Brilliant goal , went absolutely mental when that hit the net. Was in the north yesterday as swapped with a mate. Nice change from wsu. Glad Buckley did that , he was starting to get a bit of flack on here. Looks better every time is I see it which is about 7 times so far

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He did a 'Ronaldo chop' to cut inside the defender didn't he?

This. You can tell he's been practicing it, was very slick and not only beats the defender but gets the ball out of his feet, ready for a shot. Classy.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This. You can tell he's been practicing it, was very slick and not only beats the defender but gets the ball out of his feet, ready for a shot. Classy.

Looked very similar the trick that Orlandi pulled against Millwall that got their defender his 2nd yellow. Maybe they've been practising it in training.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Looked much more like his old self yesterday. Great that Oscar was positive and started both him and Kazenga.

Agree with this . Garcia very positive . Poyet talked a positive game but in practice wasn't always that way. Garcia talks less but actions speak louder than words .

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Very good goal hopefully he can press on from that instead of just doing that 1 or 2 times a season

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I love the Buckles and rejoice wholeheartedly when he strokes in a net-bulger. Few others have his touch in our squad and his crosses tend to be always potentially dangerous, which pretty much no one else in our side has the pace and control over. If i was in the starting 11 in the corner of my eyes i'd always keep an eye on a breakthrough run by the Buckles as so often he bends and breaks the back line and then turns to see no one spotted what he was up to. Let's keep him happy and utilise the threat that's in his gliding boots of deception and skill.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Good enough to deserve a thread of its own. That first touch that wrong-footed the nearest defender and created the space, combined with the inch-perfect finish with his 'wrong' foot, absolutely sublime.

Not as good as the one against Blackpool last season ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here