Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As God is my witness, this is a true story!!

m.c.hamster

Jul 9, 2003
At Brighton home games Stewards have specific instructions. Once inside the ground if anyone leaves they cannot come back in.

However, after the game you can come and go as you please but you cannot leave the ground with alcohol. A lot of people try to leave the ground to have a cigarette and are told to leave their pints inside when they go out to the smoking area.

Yesterday a tall black male, in a Brighton blue hoody, attempted to leave the ground via the north-east turnstiles carrying alcohol, but a very diligent Steward stopped him and told him that he could not leave the ground with alcohol. EXCEPT the male trying to leave was Rohan Ince and the alcohol was the bottle of Champagne he had just won for his man-of-the-match performance.

You couldn't make it up!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:lol: at the hapless steward!

But, I'm sure I have passed the North Stand post match and seen people outside having a ciggy with a pint in their hand :shrug:

Not any more.

You've always been able to take your drink from (say) the WSU downstairs to the WSL or the North bar and move around freely. The only bar you couldn't take alcohol out of was the North, I was told by a steward once that it's due to the fact that it was the closest bar to the station.

Yesterday I went to move from the WSU to the WSL lower concourse, with about half a pint left in my glass. Two stewards at the top of the stairs stopped us and said we couldn't take the alcohol with us.

Not the end of the world, but it was nice to be able to move around previously.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I like the story, but: does it matter that he's black? Why mention it :shrug:

If he hadnt the story would have had no significance a big chap leaving with his drink means nothing because the whole essence of the story was that it was his MOM award. The PC brigde carry these things too far quite often, as in this case it wasnt meant or said in a detrimental or rascist manner.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If he hadnt the story would have had no significance a big chap leaving with his drink means nothing because the whole essence of the story was that it was his MOM award.
I realise I may be a PC nutter, but the rest of your point is nonsense. It could easily say "Yesterday, a man in a Brighton blue hoody, attempted to leave the ground via the north-east turnstiles carrying alcohol, but a very diligent Steward stopped him and told him that he could not leave the ground with alcohol. EXCEPT the male trying to leave was Rohan Ince and the alcohol was the bottle of Champagne he had just won for his man-of-the-match performance."

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I realise I may be a PC nutter, but the rest of your point is nonsense. It could easily say "Yesterday, a man in a Brighton blue hoody, attempted to leave the ground via the north-east turnstiles carrying alcohol, but a very diligent Steward stopped him and told him that he could not leave the ground with alcohol. EXCEPT the male trying to leave was Rohan Ince and the alcohol was the bottle of Champagne he had just won for his man-of-the-match performance."

I am sorry but it is people like you that are bringing the emphasis on colour. Had you not mentioned it it would have just gone without comment or offence to anybody but people like you highlighting it are causing more problems than actualy exist.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
At Brighton home games Stewards have specific instructions. Once inside the ground if anyone leaves they cannot come back in.

However, after the game you can come and go as you please but you cannot leave the ground with alcohol. A lot of people try to leave the ground to have a cigarette and are told to leave their pints inside when they go out to the smoking area.

Yesterday a tall black male, in a Brighton blue hoody, attempted to leave the ground via the north-east turnstiles carrying alcohol, but a very diligent Steward stopped him and told him that he could not leave the ground with alcohol. EXCEPT the male trying to leave was Rohan Ince and the alcohol was the bottle of Champagne he had just won for his man-of-the-match performance.

You couldn't make it up!!

:lol:

A steward pulled me back and tried to take my name once after I leant over the tunnel and got a high five off Calderon after the Norwich match, there's always going to be a few over zealous types

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here