Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alfred Finnbogason

IcelandicGeezer

Apr 15, 2013
Icelandic newspaper Fréttablaðið reporting this morning that Brighton have a interest in Heerenveen striker Alfred Finnbogason. The striker has refused a new contract in Holland and could leave for as little of 2.5 million in january.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Was linked with the likes of Newcastle, Celtic and Cardiff in the summer transfer window. Would seem to suggest he would receive more attractive offers.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I wonder if 33 in 37 will be enough for the goals per game obsessors or wrote off Conway when he signed (as a winger :facepalm:)

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Deceptively slow and finishing remind me of Barnes, don't need him certainly not for reportedly 2.5m!

Dec 29, 2011
It's actually a no from me, unless we sell Bridcutt or CMS for some sort of fee (over £1.5m). We can't keep spending ~£2.5 on strikers, it doesn't seem sustainable. IF we signed him we'd have a attacking force worth over £9M.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
33 goals in 37 appearances for Heerenveen.

From Wiki.

On 16 August 2012, Alfreð signed a three-year contract with Eredivisie club Heerenveen, after the club reached an agreement for his transfer from Lokeren.[16] He made a promising start for his new club, scoring two goals in his home debut against top side Ajax in a 2-2 draw and later scoring all four goals away to third division side Kozakken Boys in the Dutch cup.[17][18] Alfreð ended the season as the third highest goalscorer of the Eredivisie, scoring in total 24 of Heereveen's 50 league goals.[19]
Following his debut season with Heerenveen, Alfreð attracted interest from Werder Bremen, FC Augsburg, AC Milan, Celtic and more.

Would be a massive coup if he were to sign, but very much doubt he would with the interest he has had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here