Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

26,000 + ...... really?

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Looking at the South Stand from East Stand Upper, I was surprised at how empty the stadium looked.... only 500 away supporters and several sections of the ground seemed to have a lot of empty seats....

Was there really over 26,000 people at the match?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Looking at the South Stand from East Stand Upper, I was surprised at how empty the stadium looked.... only 500 away supporters and several sections of the ground seemed to have a lot of empty seats....

Was there really over 26,000 people at the match?

No. There were 26000 tickets sold.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Just watched the FLS and I must admit there were some mighty big gaps yesterday, as there were at other grounds mind you. Thought the reaction to the goals from the crowd in The North looked superb.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Definitely. Match day tickets sales have been piss poor this season, averaging around 3000 out of a possible 7000 - not a coincidence that this massive drop has occurred with the obscene pricing introduced this season.

More to do with the nature of the performances against Derby and Millwall (you would always expect lower gates in August due to holidays anyway).

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Definitely. Match day tickets sales have been piss poor this season, averaging around 3000 out of a possible 7000 - not a coincidence that this massive drop has occurred with the obscene pricing introduced this season.

More to do with results I think. Those that go know we've deserved more from a lot of games but a lot of the floating fans just look at the league table. Obviously, if you drop prices to rock bottom you'll fill some more seats but that's hardly fair on those who make a regular commitment. If we're pushing for promotion after Xmas, I'll be amazed if we're not hitting 30000 consistently.

Would be interested to see if we'll ever adopt the Easyjet style of flexible pricing that's catching on at some clubs. Does mean season ticket holders have to accept that some games are valued higher than others within their package though. Otherwise, there'd be a lot of moaning.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

If you post ridiculous hyperbole then no one can take your comments seriously.

The current flows strongly against your opinion; 26K for a mid table Championship team is great, the closer to the top of the league we get the higher our gates will be.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think that price comes into it at all as the majority of our seats are sold to season ticket holders. Bolton only brought 570 I think they said, a long way I know but a poor turn out.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I dont think that price comes into it at all as the majority of our seats are sold to season ticket holders. Bolton only brought 570 I think they said, a long way I know but a poor turn out.

About the same as we too to Bolton, and we were playing well at the time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here