Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starting 11 when everyone's available

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Beers tasted so much better after yesterday's game, but also instigated the debate about our strongest 11 when everybody is back available....

Thoughts please.

-------------------- Kuszczak ------------------
Bruno ----- Greer -------- Upson ------- Ward
------------- Bridcutt --- Andrews -------------
-------------------- Orlandi --------------------
Buckley ------------ Ulloa ------------ Conway

Would be my eleven, however all of us had different ideas, great selection problems ahead for Oscar.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would say that the OP has got it about right, but Kaz had a stormer yesterday and was MoM for me.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Defence picks itself if Bruno is on form.

Would like to put Orlandi on the left and CMS behind Ulloa, just to see how CMS gets on - I still think he will score loads playing with Ulloa. Otherwise, looks very good.

Lots of options, though, with a fully fit squad, which bodes well. I can see us really pushing on this year - am feeling much more confident this year about this squad.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Yesterday showed me that we have a strong squad. I cannot disagree much with the OP's team but that does not include KLL, CMS, Barnes, Agustein, Ince and Calderon. What a bench that would be!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Defence picks itself if Bruno is on form.

Would like to put Orlandi on the left and CMS behind Ulloa, just to see how CMS gets on - I still think he will score loads playing with Ulloa. Otherwise, looks very good.

Lots of options, though, with a fully fit squad, which bodes well. I can see us really pushing on this year - am feeling much more confident this year about this squad.

Yes, CMS; he could well play a big part playing off of Ulloa.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Yesterday showed me that we have a strong squad. I cannot disagree much with the OP's team but that does not include KLL, CMS, Barnes, Agustein, Ince and Calderon. What a bench that would be!

Or David, JFC, Crofts. Midfield is going to be very difficult to pick with all fit. But I would like to see how CMS would get on with Ulloa. Who you drop though i'm not sure. For me a possible starting 11 could be:
Kojak
Bruno
Ward
Greer
Upson
Bridcutt
Andrews
Orlandi
KLL
CMS
Ulloa

Could easily swap Buckley for KLL or CMS and Calde for Bruno and then midfield options go on and on

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Conway, although lively when he came on, must have looked at KLL & Will and thought

'what have I got myself into?'

Even if he does get starts he's got to be pretty impressive to keep his place.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Home:

-------------Kush------------
-------Greer------Upson----
Calde---------------------Ward
------------Bridcutt----------
Buckley---Agustien----Orlandi
--------CMS--------Ulloa-----

Away:

-------------Kush------------
-------Greer------Upson----
Calde---------------------Ward
------Andrews---Bridcutt----
-------------Crofts------------
Buckley------------------Orlandi
--------------Ulloa--------------

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In fairness when is everybody going to be fit and suspension free?

If we carry on like this, those who spent the summer slating Barber and Burke might have to reconsider.
(luckily actually apologising and saying 'i was wrong' isn't done on NSC)

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Looked like we were set up in a kind of 4-1-4-1 formation yesterday. In first half we just didn't commit enough in attack and to often not enough bodies getting forward but this changed in 2nd i thought. Perhaps this is the way we will go in home games with amore defensive line up away. On other hand with all the injuries what other team could he have put out yesterday?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Beers tasted so much better after yesterday's game, but also instigated the debate about our strongest 11 when everybody is back available....

Thoughts please.

-------------------- Kuszczak ------------------
Bruno ----- Greer -------- Upson ------- Ward
------------- Bridcutt --- Andrews -------------
-------------------- Orlandi --------------------
Buckley ------------ Ulloa ------------ Conway

Would be my eleven, however all of us had different ideas, great selection problems ahead for Oscar.

Hmmm not to sure about this. I prefer Calderon to Bruno at the moment, and don't think you can play two holding midfiielders, certainly not in home games any way, when you need to push on, so would replace Andrews with either Croftsy or Spanish Dave. I agree with Orlandi (arguably our most skillful player), but would replace Buckley with Barnes, and Conway with KLL.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
This is Garcia, I don't think we will be seeing Andrews and Bridcutt on the pitch at the same time very often.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kuszczak
Bruno Greer Upson Ward
Bridcutt Andrews
Buckley Dave Orlandi
Ulloa​

Attack, attack, attack attack attack.

Some capable players to come in if required.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I don't think we'll play with two holding players unless we come up against a top premiership side in the cup, much more likely to be rotation between Bridders and Andrews based on form and fitness

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The way football is these days they are never all going to be fit and free from suspensions at the same time. The squad does look strong now and has been helped by our DS players Ince and JFC putting in decent performances. OK I can be argued that we lack some striking options but as has been mentioned elsewhere, most consider they need an increased strike force. A good few of our players do know the way to goal, they just need to start scoring !!

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
personally for me it would be

Kuszczak
Calderon - Greer - Upson - Ward
Bridcutt
Andrews - Orlandi
Conway - Ulloa - LuaLua

Subs
Ankergren, Bruno, El-Abd, Crofts/Agustien/Lopez, Buckley, Barnes, CMS

the bench was very hard because look at the sort of players left out
Brezovan, Dunk, Chicksen, Agustien/Crofts/Lopez (2 out of the 3), Ince, JFC, Hoskins

once everyone is back fit (if at same time) this could be a great season for us!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here