Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Sodexo

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A big well done perhaps not to the company but the chap dispensing the Guinness in the Lower West concourse. It was served as well if not better than most pubs, other than Wetherspoons who all serve it correctly. He half filled a number of glasses (?) let them stand then topped them up. Lets give praise when it is deserved and in this case it was.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No complaints from the North, good tasty chicken n chorizo pie and a couple of pints of Cruzcampo, service smiling and efficient. Credit where its due. Ole!

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
The queues are definitely much much shorter in WSL now, is this down to better service or fewer people buying stuff this season ?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Big plus from me, they have at last got the Kronenbourg back in the ESU.
I even tried the Cruzcampo and it is twenty times better than Fosters.
Anybody heard if they are keeping it or was it just for Spanish Day?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The staff from last year are back at uni so things were always going to improve a bit. The Balti pie is about to be removed from the menu though I noticed on a stray stewards clip board yesterday.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I suppose it is a bit unrealistic to think a catering company could rustle up a couple of hundred experienced bar staff at short notice. Hopefully they will improve as the season progresses. Saying that, a mate of mine has done a couple of agency shifts behind the bar there, and he has never worked a bar before :ohmy:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I joined the shortest queue I could find in WSU and the chap in front of me wanted tea so the boy serving had to go and find the supervisor to show him how to make it. So much for training.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A big well done perhaps not to the company but the chap dispensing the Guinness in the Lower West concourse. It was served as well if not better than most pubs, other than Wetherspoons who all serve it correctly. He half filled a number of glasses (?) let them stand then topped them up. Lets give praise when it is deserved and in this case it was.

Really? I saw a chap in WSL dispensing Guinness a whole pint at a time.

The Cruzcampo, incidentally, was a great idea.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Alas not all bar areas in the ground were afforded the novelty of the Cruzcampo. Still, we had our usual staple of both Fosters and Harveys, who's to complain?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I joined the shortest queue I could find in WSU and the chap in front of me wanted tea so the boy serving had to go and find the supervisor to show him how to make it. So much for training.

Gives you something to moan about though, which is nice.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The fact that you saw a man possibly the same chap, fill up a Guinness in 1 complete move when everybody else at the pump and I assume there was only 1 mobile unit, remarked on how he was doing it correctly by half filling it. So much so that when serving the last one he part filled a couple more before filling the last so as to allow time for it to settle.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The fact that you saw a man possibly the same chap, fill up a Guinness in 1 complete move when everybody else at the pump and I assume there was only 1 mobile unit, remarked on how he was doing it correctly by half filling it. So much so that when serving the last one he part filled a couple more before filling the last so as to allow time for it to settle.

So why would it be me that's different?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Surely it would have been FAR quicker to join any queue than looking for the shortest one you could find in the WSU?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Kronenbourg and Cruzcampo in the WSU. So at last we're back to last season on that score (including the irritation of not being able to get a discount on them, but it's progress anyway).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here